Arkansas: Mesothelioma Lawyers Help AR Asbestos Victims
LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS – MESOTHELIOMA LAWYERS FROM THE NATIONAL ASBESTOS LITIGATION FIRM OF LEVY KONIGSBERG LLP (“LK”) ARE CONTINUING TO HELP ARKANSAS MESOTHELIOMA PATIENTS AND FAMILIES OBTAIN LEGAL COMPENSATION FROM COMPANIES THAT MANUFACTURED, SOLD OR USED ASBESTOS-CONTAINING PRODUCTS.
Every year, thousands of men and women across the country are diagnosed with mesothelioma, including many in Arkansas. Even more are diagnosed with lung cancer and asbestosis. All of these asbestos-related diseases could have been prevented if workers had been properly protected from exposure to asbestos.
Mesothelioma lawyers at LK are skilled in identifying the unique asbestos exposures suffered by individuals who resided or worked in Arkansas:
Arkansas Aluminum Worksites
Two major manufacturers of aluminum products, Alcoa and Reynolds, established operations throughout Arkansas. Employees, independent contractors and other visitors to these manufacturing facilities were regularly exposed to asbestos-containing materials. If you or a loved one worked at a facility operated by one of these companies and developed an asbestos-related disease, contact LK today for a free consultation with an experienced mesothelioma attorney.
The Aluminum Company of America (“Alcoa”) is one of the world’s largest producers of aluminum. Between the 1940s and 1980s, Alcoa employed thousands of Arkansas citizens at facilities in Arkadelphia, Bauxite, and Benton. Products manufactured by Alcoa include materials for the automotive industry, aerospace, construction field, various packaging, commercial transportation products, oil and gas supplies and defense components.
At one time, the Reynolds Metals Company was the second largest aluminum company in the United States and third largest in the world. With locations in Arkadelphia, Bauxite, Benton, Jones Mill, and Malvern, Reynolds Company was one of the largest employers in Arkansas. Employees of the Reynolds company manufactured many products, including aluminum foil, packaging materials, and kitchen tins.
Asbestos Exposure at Arkansas Aluminum Worksites
Due to the size of the industrial operations at these Alcoa and Reynolds worksites in Arkansas, numerous tradespeople were required. Insulators, plumbers, electricians, pipefitters, chemical operators, machinists, boilermakers, engineers and many other trades were employed to support the commercial activities at these Arkansas aluminum plants. Many of these tradespeople were regularly exposed to asbestos while completing their work. Although avoidable, tradespeople at Alcoa and Reynolds plants were not warned of the serious health hazards created by exposure to airborne asbestos.
Arkansas Oil & Gas Industry
Dating back to the 1920’s, Arkansas’s oil and gas operations are critically important to the nation. Activities including exploration, production, refining and distribution have all taken place in Arkansas for several decades. Between the 1940s and 1980s, individuals employed in these specialized fields suffered unique exposures to asbestos which must be vigorously investigated. Mesothelioma lawyers at LK are experienced in identifying the exposures suffered by individuals employed in the oil and gas industry, from exploration to final shipment.
Arkansas Power Plants
Between the 1930s and 1980s, numerous power plants were established and operated throughout Arkansas, including coal-fired plants, hydroelectric plants, pumped storage, natural gas plants, nuclear plants and petroleum plants. Employees, independent contractors and other visitors of these power plants were routinely exposed to airborne asbestos while performing work. If you or a loved one was employed at one of these Arkansas power plants and have developed an asbestos-related disease, a skilled mesothelioma attorney at LK will help you identify all possible sources of asbestos exposure.
Arkansas worksites where asbestos exposure was common include:
Figure 1. Map of the most common asbestos exposure worksites in the State of Arkansas.
- Acme Brick (Malvern, AR)
- Alcoa (Statewide, AR)
- Arkansas Glass Container Corporation (Jonesboro, AR)
- Arkansas Light, Heat & Power (Arkadelphia, AR)
- Arkansas Louisiana Gas Company (Magnolia, AR)
- Arkansas Nuclear One Generating Station (Russelllville, AR)
- Arkansas Power & Light Company (Statewide, AR)
- Arkansas Water & Light Plant (Jonesboro, AR)
- Arkla Chemical Company (Helena, AR)
- Bechtel Power Plant (Russelllville, AR)
- Berry Petroleum (Stephens, AR)
- Bornice Anthracite Coal Company (Russelllville, AR)
- Bradley Lumber Company (Warren, AR)
- Buckeye Cellulose Corp. (Wilson, AR)
- Cacus Lumber Company (West Memphis, AR)
- Carl E. Bailey Generating Station (Augusta, AR)
- City Water & Light Plant (Jonesboro, AR)
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (Texarkana, AR)
- Cross Oil (Smackover, AR)
- Crossett Lumber Company (Crossett, AR)
- Dacus Lumber Company (West Memphis, AR)
- Davis Construction Company (Camden, AR)
- Delta Products Company (Wilson, AR)
- Derrick Paper Mill (Pine Bluff, AR)
- Dravo Steel (Pine Bluff, AR)
- Ethyl Corporation (Magnolia, AR)
- Firestone (Russelllville, AR)
- Flint Creek Power Plant (Gentry, AR)
- Flint Steel Company (West Memphis, AR)
- General Motors Corp. (Jones Mill, AR)
- General Sheet Metal Company (Malvern, AR)
- Georgia Pacific Company (Crossett, AR)
- Great Lakes Chemical (Magnolia, AR)
- Harvey Couch Steam Elec. (Stamps, AR)
- Helena Cotton Oil Company (Helena, AR)
- Helena Gas Electric Company (Helena, AR)
- Helena Power Company (Helena, AR)
- Hurricane Creek Plant (Bauxite, AR)
- Indeck Power Equipment Company (Bauxite, AR)
- Independence Steam Station (Newark, AR)
- International Paper Company (Camden, AR)
- International Paper Corporation (Malvern, AR)
- John L. McClellan Generating Station (Camden, AR)
- Jones Mechanical Contractors (Crossett, AR)
- Kalmar Steel Corporation (Magnolia, AR)
- Kansas Power & Light Company (Jones Mill, AR)
- Lake Catherine Power Station (Jones Mill, AR)
- Lee Wilson Company (Wilson, AR)
- Middle South Utilities, Inc. (Helena, AR)
- Mississippi Valley Generating Company (West Memphis, AR)
- N.A.D. Ordinance Plant (Camden, AR)
- National Gypsum Company (Arkadelphia, AR)
- Natural Gas Pipeline Company of America (Malvern, AR)
- Northeast Arkansas Insul. Company (Jonesboro, AR)
- Olin Mathieson Chemical Corporation (Magnolia, AR)
- Owasso Manufacturing Company (Benton, AR)
- Pineville Kraft Corporation (Stamps, AR)
- Potlatch Forrests, Inc. (Warren, AR)
- Premier Cotton Mills (Helena, AR)
- Reynolds Aluminum Plant (Statewide, AR)
- Singer Company (Trumann, AR)
- Southern Kraft Corporation (Camden, AR)
- Southwestern Bell Telephone (Magnolia, AR)
- Tri State Mill & Supply Company (Camden, AR)
- Tri State Refining Company (Wilson, AR)
- West Side Paint (Benton, AR)
- Wilson Lee & Company (Wilson, AR)
If you or your loved one are an Arkansas resident or were exposed to asbestos in Arkansas, and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, please call (800) 315-3806 or submit an email inquiry to receive a FREE consultation with mesothelioma lawyers at Levy Konigsberg LLP.
ATTENTION: Mesothelioma has no known cure and often causes severe pain, suffering,
and other types of damage, such as loss of consortium, and loss of income.
Additionally, due to the exceedingly high cost of mesothelioma treatments,
many families exhaust savings and accumulate financial debt in order to
pay for the medical expenses of their family member.
Under the law of most states, pain and suffering from mesothelioma may be compensated through the award of money damages, usually obtained with the help of experienced mesothelioma attorneys. In some states other types of damages may also be recovered.
Asbestos litigation affords mesothelioma victims the opportunity to receive financial compensation and hold accountable the companies that caused their asbestos exposure.
IMPORTANT: If you or your family member has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you should get in touch with a mesothelioma lawyer as early as possible to determine if you have a mesothelioma case and to:
- Preserve your rights to bring a legal action against the responsible parties within the limited time frame allowed by law, known as statute of limitations;
Obtain maximum compensation in your case by being able to:
- Preserve evidence and establish facts of the asbestos exposure while the claimant is still alive and able to provide information;
- File and resolve a lawsuit against the responsible parties before they file for bankruptcy or, if they already have, to obtain compensation before their bankruptcy trust funds run out of money;
- Expedite your case, as courts tend to give higher priority to mesothelioma lawsuits where the claimant is still alive.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline at (800) 315-3806 or submit an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
NOTE: While our offices are located in the states of New York, New Jersey, and Georgia, many of our mesothelioma lawyers are licensed to practice law in a number of U.S. states and have the capability and extensive experience of representing mesothelioma clients throughout the United States. You are encouraged to contact us with any questions.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
They truly made a difference in our lives!- Jonathan McNulty
Outstanding law firm!- R.M.
No need to look any further.- Todd Allen
They were the clear choice!- Bruce Totterdale
Forever grateful!- Diane Hoefer
The best and brightest!- Paulette
Simply incredible!- IBS LMM
Knowledgeable guidance and representation.- Steven Simon
They are good people who want to help you.- Edwin Jimenez
They won us a lot of money.- Karen