Ohio Asbestos Attorneys
Millions Recovered in Mesothelioma & Asbestos Lawsuits
Levy Konigsberg is a proven civil trial practice with a national presence litigating asbestos and mesothelioma cases.
Our firm has handled some of the country’s largest and most complex cases and has amassed a record of legal victories that include record recoveries, billions in compensation for clients, and rulings that have changed laws and lives.
If you or someone you love were diagnosed with mesothelioma or another chronic health condition related to asbestos exposure, we want to help. Call (800) 315-3806 for a FREE consultation.
Our Asbestos Litigation Work
Levy Konigsberg has helped countless victims and families fight for justice following the development of mesothelioma and other chronic health conditions resulting from asbestos exposure. As a nationwide trial practice, we’re prepared to help victims across Ohio fight for the compensation they deserve.
Reasons to choose our firm:
- More Than $3 billion recovered for clients.
- Record recoveries and judgments that have changed laws and lives.
- Victories against global product manufacturers and asbestos industry.
- Award-winning attorneys named to Super Lawyers and The Best Lawyers in America
Levy Konigsberg is a renowned civil trial practice with a national presence in asbestos and mesothelioma litigation. Led by award-winning attorneys, our firm has handled some of the largest and most complex civil cases in the country, securing victories that have broken records, set new precedent, and produced changes in the law for the benefit of public health.
If you or someone you love are searching for caring and capable counsel following a mesothelioma diagnosis or other health problems connected to asbestos exposure, we want to help. Call (800) 315-3806 or contact us online for a FREE consultation.
Levy Konigsberg Investigating Mesothelioma Cases Across Ohio
Levy Konigsberg is actively investigating potential claims from victims and families who suffered losses due to mesothelioma and other health conditions caused by exposure to asbestos.
This includes exposure in a variety of industrial and construction occupations common in Ohio. For example, our firm secured a settlement in excess of $1 million dollars for a Columbiana County, Ohio, resident who worked as a teenager in the 1960’s as a bricklayer’s helper at a Salem jobsite and, as a result, developed mesothelioma, an aggressive terminal cancer caused by asbestos exposure. Our investigation into the asbestos products used at the facility and the dust levels suffered by the workers there led to a successful claim not only against those companies that designed, manufactured, and sold asbestos materials to the jobsite, but also against the owner of the facility for allowing such dangerous asbestos dust levels to occur. LK asbestos attorneys served as lead counsel in the case.
Each year, men and women are diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease because of their exposure to asbestos products at Ohio jobsites, including manufacturing facilities, chemical plants and steel mills. Sadly, their diseases could have been prevented if the companies profiting from the sale and/or use of asbestos products shared with them the known hazards of working with asbestos.
Levy Konigsberg is currently investigating asbestos cases across Ohio, from Toledo, Sandusky, and Cleveland in the north, to Youngstown in the east, to Circleville and Cincinnati in the south, and Defiance in the west.
Did You Work at an Ohio Jobsite with Known Asbestos Contamination?
Ohio’s cities, from Akron to Youngstown, celebrated a diverse history of heavy industry and construction. As a result, those cities were also home to many of the state’s plants and facilities which manufactured, processed, and used asbestos and asbestos products.
Hundreds of jobsites in Ohio cities such as Cleveland, Cincinnati, Akron, and Toledo have exposed thousands of workers to the hazards of asbestos. If you worked at an Ohio jobsite and were diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, our award-winning attorneys at Levy Konigsberg are available to discuss your rights and legal options.
For your reference, we list below just a few of the jobsites around Ohio’s largest cities where asbestos may have been present:
Figure 1. Map of some of the common asbestos exposure sites in Ohio.
- Firestone Tire & Rubber Company
- General Foods Corporation
- International Harvester Company
- Lockheed Martin Maritime Systems
- Alliance Gas and Power Company
- Babcock & Wilcox Company
- Crane Company
- Johns – Manville
- Marathon Ohio
- AP Green Company
- General Electric
- General Motors Corporation
- Goodyear Aerospace
- Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company
- Republic Steel Corporation
- Wright Wrench and Forging Company
Levy Konigsberg has represented mesothelioma victims who worked at several of the above Ohio jobsites, as well as family members of workers. There are hundreds more jobsites in Ohio where workers and their families were needlessly exposed to the dangers of asbestos dust.
Victims of an asbestos-related disease, such as mesothelioma, can rely on our firm’s extensive experience in asbestos litigation.
ATTENTION: Mesothelioma has no known cure and often causes severe pain, suffering, and other types of damage, such as loss of consortium, and loss of income. Additionally, due to the exceedingly high cost of mesothelioma treatments, many families exhaust savings and accumulate financial debt to pay for the medical expenses of their family member. Under the law of most states, pain and suffering from mesothelioma may be compensated through the award of money damages, usually obtained with the help of experienced mesothelioma attorneys. In some states other types of damages may also be recovered. Asbestos litigation affords mesothelioma victims the opportunity to receive financial compensation and hold accountable the companies that caused their asbestos exposure.
How Our Ohio Mesothelioma Lawyers Can Help
IMPORTANT: If you or your family member has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you should get in touch with a mesothelioma lawyer as early as possible to determine if you have a mesothelioma case and to:
- Preserve your rights to bring a legal action against the responsible parties within the limited time frame allowed by law, known as statute of limitations;
Pursue maximum compensation in your case by working to:
- Preserve evidence and establish facts of asbestos exposure while the claimant is still alive and able to provide information;
- File and resolve a lawsuit against the responsible parties before they file for bankruptcy or, if they already have, to obtain compensation before their bankruptcy trust funds run out of money;
- Expedite your case, as courts tend to give higher priority to mesothelioma lawsuits where the claimant is still alive.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced Ohio asbestos exposure attorneys during a FREE and confidential consultation. We have offices located in New York, New Jersey, California, Georgia, Washington, and Maryland. Many of our mesothelioma lawyers are licensed to practice law in a number of U.S. states and have the capability and extensive experience of representing mesothelioma clients throughout the United States. You are encouraged to contact us with any questions.
Examples of Our Results
Levy Konigsberg has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for asbestos exposure victims nationwide. This includes victims and families in Ohio, including one Ohio asbestos victim who developed mesothelioma from being exposed to asbestos-containing Bendix car brakes.
Other examples of our results in this area:
- $750 million punitive damages verdict against J&J over peritoneal mesothelioma resulting from asbestos exposure in four cases consolidated for trial in New Jersey.
- $325 million verdict, including $25 million in compensatory damages and $300 million in punitive damages, over mesothelioma caused by exposure to J&J’s Baby Powder and Shower to Shower talc products.
- $90.5 million recovery for a group of families from Manville, NJ in a wrongful death suit against several asbestos suppliers.
- $47.15 million for four individuals suffering from mesothelioma in a consolidated trial in New York Federal Court, Southern District.
- $30.3 million for the family of a New Jersey man who died of mesothelioma.
- $29.5 million mesothelioma verdict upheld on appeal against J&J, its subsidiary, Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc., and talc supplier Cyprus Mines Corporation.
- $22 million verdict in a consolidated trial in New York State Supreme Court on behalf of an individual suffering from mesothelioma and an individual who died from mesothelioma.
- $18.5 million verdict in a consolidated trial on behalf of Brooklyn Navy Yard workers, including 32 plaintiffs who had developed mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases.
- $16.5 million for a Long Island woman with peritoneal mesothelioma exposed to asbestos-contaminated cosmetic talcum powder.
- $10.55 million for a man suffering from mesothelioma as the result of his exposure to asbestos from talc mined and sold by R.T. Vanderbilt, Inc.
- $7.5 million for a woman who developed peritoneal mesothelioma after being exposed to asbestos from laundering the asbestos-contaminated clothing of her husband who worked at the Exxon Bayway Refinery in New Jersey.
- $5 million for a former Navy boilerman who developed mesothelioma from asbestos exposure during his service aboard USS Charles H. Roan.
- $4.5 million for the family of an engineer exposed to asbestos while installing gyroscopic guidance systems in submarines, and as a result developed mesothelioma.
View more of our case results.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
Professional, responsive and very good at their jobs.- Lisa Ross
They have truly gone above and beyond.- Anne Fahey
I put my Faith and Trust into Corey Stern!- Dennis McGowan
With this team on my side we came out on top.- Angie Garrido
Very happy with our settlement.- Lori Rosa
Wow is all I can say.- Carol N.
Their dedication to receive the highest results for their clients was amazing.- Emily DeRogatis
Such a great team!- Kevin Kober
We definitely got the right law firm!- Mark Wells
Levy Konigsberg continued to help my family fight for the justice my father deserves.- Stephanie Vitale