Baltimore Lead Poisoning
Levy Konigsberg, LLP, a nationally recognized lead poisoning law firm with thirty years experience representing children that have been lead poisoned, is fighting for Baltimore’s lead poisoned children to get the financial assistance and resources necessary to navigate the intense and drastic effects of lead poisoning.
The State of Maryland’s testing discovered more than 65,000 children in Baltimore had dangerously high blood-lead levels between 1993 and 2013. Baltimore has nearly three times the national rate of lead poisoning among children. Sadly, just a handful of neighborhoods, the poorest and most populated by minorities, are responsible for virtually all of the city’s lead poisoning cases over the last five years.
Ironically, Baltimore was originally on the front lines of creating legislation to limit lead exposure for children. In 1949, the Maryland legislature banned the use of lead paint in toys. Unfortunately, the law was overturned after significant pressure from the lead industry.
Over the last twenty years, Maryland has passed laws requiring landlords to cover or remove lead-based paint that is peeling, chipping or flaking. An intricate scheme is supposed to keep track of all rental homes old enough to have lead paint, and the homes are required to pass an inspection. The laws often fail Baltimore’s children, however, because the law is self-enforced. The state requires landlords to have their properties inspected for lead paint hazards, but rarely checks. A state or city worker typically visits a rental unit only after a routine medical test finds a child has been poisoned, or if someone complains. And even then, cases fall through the cracks.
The lawyers at Levy Konigsberg have decades of experience in lead poisoning litigation and have recovered in excess of $100 million on behalf of lead poisoned children. If your child has been lead-poisoned you need a firm with the skill, resources and dedication to stand-up and fight for you. Levy Konigsberg has won a long list of multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of children victimized by lead poisoning. The firm has won verdicts against landlords and property management companies and against government defendants as well as private landowners.
In helping children with lead poisoning in Baltimore, the attorneys at Levy Koniigsberg bring with them a national reputation, including taking the lead role in representing more than 1000 lead-poisoned children in Flint, Michigan.
Levy Konigsberg is committed to holding landlords in Baltimore accountable for negligently causing lead-poisoning. If your child has tested positive for lead poisoning, don’t wait, call us or fill out the form on this page now. There are deadlines that apply to claims for lead poisoning so it is important that you do not wait. Our lead poisoning attorneys will make themselves available to evaluate your case. We offer a free case evaluation and we don’t get paid unless we recover money for your child.
LEAD POISONING NEWS
- Federal Court Awards $626 Million to Victims of the Flint Lead Water Crisis
- Levy Konigsberg Sues the City of Jackson on Behalf of 600 Lead-Poisoned Children
- Levy Konigsberg Announces $600 Million Settlement for Victims of Flint Water Crisis
- Michigan Federal Court Rules EPA Must Defend Lawsuit in the Flint Water Crisis
- Lead-Contaminated Dust Poses Major Health Hazard to New York Tenants
- Federal Judge Allows Class Action to Proceed Against Embattled Mayor Bill de Blasio and New York City Housing Authority
- Lead Poisoning Victim to Sue Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority
- Ninth Circuit Court Demands EPA Issue Updated Rules on Lead Poisoning
- Alexander County Housing Authority Failed to Protect Residents from Lead Poisoning
- Flint Lawyers Take on NYCHA for Lead Paint Violations
- Areas of Portland, Oregon Found With High Levels of Lead in Drinking Water
- One-Third of High Risk Children Untested for Lead Poisoning in California
- Levy Konigsberg Appointed Lead Counsel in Flint Water Litigation
- LK Attorney Comments on Lead Crisis in East Chicago, Indiana
- Levy Konigsberg Wins Legal Ruling in Flint Lead Poisoning Cases
- LK Files Third Wave of Lawsuits in Flint Michigan, Case Filings Now Total 75 Lead-Poisoned Children
- Levy Konigsberg Files Flint Lawsuits for More Than 20 Lead-Poisoned Children
- Levy Konigsberg Lead Poisoning Attorney Attends Flint, Michigan Town Hall
- Levy Konigsberg Attorney Comments on Flint Michigan Water Crisis Involving Lead
- Levy Konigsberg LLP Obtains Two Separate Lead Poisoning Awards in New Jersey
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
They truly made a difference in our lives!- Jonathan McNulty
Outstanding law firm!- R.M.
No need to look any further.- Todd Allen
They were the clear choice!- Bruce Totterdale
Forever grateful!- Diane Hoefer
The best and brightest!- Paulette
Simply incredible!- IBS LMM
Knowledgeable guidance and representation.- Steven Simon
They are good people who want to help you.- Edwin Jimenez
They won us a lot of money.- Karen