Boston Lead Poisoning
Levy Konigsberg, a law firm with decades of experience handling childhood lead poisoning cases, is helping families in the Boston and throughout Massachusetts. Lead poisoning is a widespread problem in Boston and other parts of Massachusetts. In 2014 alone, almost 4,000 children in Massachusetts were found to have elevated levels of lead in their blood. Childhood lead poisoning is an easily preventable tragedy that tends to disproportionately affect those living in lower income areas. This is because the most common source of lead poisoning is old chipping, peeling, and defective lead based paint. Lead based paint was banned nationally for residential use in 1978, but it continues to exist under layers and layers of newer paint in older housing. When new paint chips or flakes off a wall, it pulls the lead based paint with it, which can accumulate on the floor and spread through the air as fine lead-based paint dust.
The effects of childhood lead poisoning are serious and permanent. At higher levels, lead poisoning is linked to lower IQ, aggression, anemia, cognitive deficits, problems with executive functioning, and problems with language. At low levels, childhood lead poisoning can lead to learning disabilities and Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD). Without a cure, preventing exposure in the first place is the only way to stop the permanent damage from lead poisoning.
Every child in Massachusetts must have blood testing for lead poisoning between the ages of 9 and 12 months and again at ages 2 and 3. Massachusetts lead law provides a combination of incentives and penalties for landlords to protect young children from lead-based paint hazards. Under the law, lead paint must be removed at the expense of the owners, and owners can be held liable if a child is exposed to lead based paint while living in their premises. Despite this, children in the Boston area remain particularly vulnerable to the risks of lead based paint. As one of the earliest cities in the United States, Boston has the second oldest housing stock in the country. Many homes were built before 1978, and few of those were remediated through an EPA approved process. That means lead based paint continues to exist in those homes and remain a lead hazard for young children today.
If your child was exposed to lead-based paint, in Boston or other parts of Massachusetts, he or she may be entitled to compensation from the landlord. The lead poisoning attorneys at Levy Konigsberg LLP have decades of experience fighting for lead poisoned children and have won over $100 million in verdicts and settlements. An experienced lead poisoning attorney can help your child get the financial support he or she needs to overcome the devastating permanent effects of childhood lead poisoning. Call or contact one of our lead poisoning attorneys today.
LEAD POISONING NEWS
- Federal Court Awards $626 Million to Victims of the Flint Lead Water Crisis
- Levy Konigsberg Sues the City of Jackson on Behalf of 600 Lead-Poisoned Children
- Levy Konigsberg Announces $600 Million Settlement for Victims of Flint Water Crisis
- Michigan Federal Court Rules EPA Must Defend Lawsuit in the Flint Water Crisis
- Lead-Contaminated Dust Poses Major Health Hazard to New York Tenants
- Federal Judge Allows Class Action to Proceed Against Embattled Mayor Bill de Blasio and New York City Housing Authority
- Lead Poisoning Victim to Sue Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority
- Ninth Circuit Court Demands EPA Issue Updated Rules on Lead Poisoning
- Alexander County Housing Authority Failed to Protect Residents from Lead Poisoning
- Flint Lawyers Take on NYCHA for Lead Paint Violations
- Areas of Portland, Oregon Found With High Levels of Lead in Drinking Water
- One-Third of High Risk Children Untested for Lead Poisoning in California
- Levy Konigsberg Appointed Lead Counsel in Flint Water Litigation
- LK Attorney Comments on Lead Crisis in East Chicago, Indiana
- Levy Konigsberg Wins Legal Ruling in Flint Lead Poisoning Cases
- LK Files Third Wave of Lawsuits in Flint Michigan, Case Filings Now Total 75 Lead-Poisoned Children
- Levy Konigsberg Files Flint Lawsuits for More Than 20 Lead-Poisoned Children
- Levy Konigsberg Lead Poisoning Attorney Attends Flint, Michigan Town Hall
- Levy Konigsberg Attorney Comments on Flint Michigan Water Crisis Involving Lead
- Levy Konigsberg LLP Obtains Two Separate Lead Poisoning Awards in New Jersey
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
Professional, responsive and very good at their jobs.- Lisa Ross
They have truly gone above and beyond.- Anne Fahey
I put my Faith and Trust into Corey Stern!- Dennis McGowan
With this team on my side we came out on top.- Angie Garrido
Very happy with our settlement.- Lori Rosa
Wow is all I can say.- Carol N.
Their dedication to receive the highest results for their clients was amazing.- Emily DeRogatis
Such a great team!- Kevin Kober
We definitely got the right law firm!- Mark Wells
Levy Konigsberg continued to help my family fight for the justice my father deserves.- Stephanie Vitale