Cleveland Lead Poisoning
The lead poisoning law firm Levy Konigsberg LLP is fighting to help Cleveland’s lead poisoned children get the financial resources they need to overcome the devastating effects of childhood lead poisoning. Cleveland, Ohio has some of the highest rates of childhood lead poisoning in the nation. At the height of the Flint Water Crisis, approximately 6% of Flint’s children under the age of six tested for high blood lead levels of 5 mcg/dL, or greater. By comparison, from 2009 to 2014, more than 17% of children in Cleveland under the age of six had high blood lead levels of 5 mcg/dL or greater. Furthermore, a lack of state funding in Ohio has resulted in lower screening rates for residents in Cleveland, meaning that 17% figure would likely be higher if more children were tested.
The Ohio legislature established the Lead Poisoning Prevention Fund in 2003 in an effort to reduce childhood lead exposure and pay blood-lead testing for children who were unable to afford it. However, the legislature neglected to put any money into the fund, and so the state continues to lack a tangible lead poisoning prevention program.
In 2006, the City of Cleveland attempted to take matters into its own hands with a voluntary lead safe certification program. The program allowed landlords to voluntarily have their homes inspected and certified lead free, ensuring families with young children safe places to live. However, no landlord in Cleveland has participated in the program, leaving Cleveland’s children at risk of lead exposure.
Since neither the state nor the city has a prevention program, it is up to families to advocate for them to ensure that their rental home is lead safe. Parents of young children should inform their landlord immediately if their home has cracking, peeling, or defective paint. Children should be tested for elevated blood-lead levels on a regular basis so that any exposure can be promptly responded to. Finally, families should seek an experienced lead poisoning attorney to get their child the financial resources he or she needs and deserves.
The lead poisoning attorneys at Levy Konigsberg LLP have decades of experience in lead poisoning litigation and have won over $100 million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of lead poisoned children. Levy Konigsberg has the resources and experience to take on landlords in Cleveland and ensure that your lead poisoned child gets the compensation he or she deserves. Call one of our lead poisoning attorneys to see if you have a case.
LEAD POISONING NEWS
- Federal Court Awards $626 Million to Victims of the Flint Lead Water Crisis
- Levy Konigsberg Sues the City of Jackson on Behalf of 600 Lead-Poisoned Children
- Levy Konigsberg Announces $600 Million Settlement for Victims of Flint Water Crisis
- Michigan Federal Court Rules EPA Must Defend Lawsuit in the Flint Water Crisis
- Lead-Contaminated Dust Poses Major Health Hazard to New York Tenants
- Federal Judge Allows Class Action to Proceed Against Embattled Mayor Bill de Blasio and New York City Housing Authority
- Lead Poisoning Victim to Sue Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority
- Ninth Circuit Court Demands EPA Issue Updated Rules on Lead Poisoning
- Alexander County Housing Authority Failed to Protect Residents from Lead Poisoning
- Flint Lawyers Take on NYCHA for Lead Paint Violations
- Areas of Portland, Oregon Found With High Levels of Lead in Drinking Water
- One-Third of High Risk Children Untested for Lead Poisoning in California
- Levy Konigsberg Appointed Lead Counsel in Flint Water Litigation
- LK Attorney Comments on Lead Crisis in East Chicago, Indiana
- Levy Konigsberg Wins Legal Ruling in Flint Lead Poisoning Cases
- LK Files Third Wave of Lawsuits in Flint Michigan, Case Filings Now Total 75 Lead-Poisoned Children
- Levy Konigsberg Files Flint Lawsuits for More Than 20 Lead-Poisoned Children
- Levy Konigsberg Lead Poisoning Attorney Attends Flint, Michigan Town Hall
- Levy Konigsberg Attorney Comments on Flint Michigan Water Crisis Involving Lead
- Levy Konigsberg LLP Obtains Two Separate Lead Poisoning Awards in New Jersey
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
They truly made a difference in our lives!- Jonathan McNulty
Outstanding law firm!- R.M.
No need to look any further.- Todd Allen
They were the clear choice!- Bruce Totterdale
Forever grateful!- Diane Hoefer
The best and brightest!- Paulette
Simply incredible!- IBS LMM
Knowledgeable guidance and representation.- Steven Simon
They are good people who want to help you.- Edwin Jimenez
They won us a lot of money.- Karen