Colorado: Mesothelioma Lawyers Help CO Asbestos Victims
DENVER, COLORADO – MESOTHELIOMA LAWYERS FROM THE NATIONAL ASBESTOS LITIGATION FIRM OF LEVY KONIGSBERG LLP (“LK”) ARE CONTINUING TO HELP COLORADO MESOTHELIOMA PATIENTS AND FAMILIES OBTAIN LEGAL COMPENSATION FROM COMPANIES WHO MANUFACTURED, SOLD OR USED ASBESTOS-CONTAINING PRODUCTS.
Every year, thousands of men and women across the country are diagnosed with mesothelioma, including many in Colorado. Even more are diagnosed with lung cancer and asbestosis. All of these asbestos-related diseases could have been prevented if workers had been properly protected from exposure to asbestos.
Due to the presence of power plants, sugar factories, chemical manufacturers and small foundries, many tradespeople employed throughout Colorado were regularly exposed to asbestos at their workplace. LK attorneys have successfully represented insulators, plumbers, laborers, electricians, pipefitters, chemical operators, machinist, boilermakers, engineers and many other trades who were routinely exposed to asbestos on a daily basis at their places of employment. Mesothelioma lawyers at LK have extensive experience in investigating occupational exposures suffered in Colorado.
Sugar Processing Plants
The first Colorado sugar processing plant was constructed in 1869. Due to Colorado’s high daytime temperatures and cool nights, sugar beet fields flourish. To capitalize on Colorado’s ideal sugar beet climate, several companies constructed and operated processing plants throughout the state. Employers including American Crystal Sugar, Beet Sugar, Great Western Sugar Company and Madre Tierra operated sugar processing facilities throughout the state. Between the 1940s and 1980s, thousands of Colorado citizens were employed at these plants. Many tradespeople employed at these sugar plants were exposed to high levels of asbestos dust. An attorney at LK will investigate your work history to determine all possible sources of asbestos exposure suffered at these Colorado plants.
Colorado Power Plants
Between the 1940s and 1980s, Colorado was home to various power-generating plants and worksites, including coal-fired plants, hydroelectric plants dams, generating stations, and nuclear power plants. Employees, independent contractors and other visitors of these power plants were regularly exposed to airborne asbestos:
The generation of power in Colorado required the use of large, high-temperature equipment. Boilers, furnaces, turbines, cooling towers and ovens were installed, maintained and repaired at these power plants. This equipment required large amounts of asbestos-containing products to properly function. Other products, including pumps, valves, motors, wire, cable, heaters, air conditioning units, gaskets, packing, chillers, and steam traps were necessary to allow the powerhouses to properly function. Individuals working at these Colorado power plants were exposed to high levels of asbestos dust from their work with or around these products.
Power Plant Construction
Between the 1930s and 1980s, construction of power plants, rail yards, generating sites and other locations for equipment were undertaken throughout Colorado. Independent contractors, construction crews and powerhouse employees were present while these locations were constructed. Between the 1930s and 1980s, many of the construction materials used or installed at these power plant construction sites contained asbestos.
Four Corners Plant
Located in New Mexico, the Four Corners Power Plant is situated at the corners of Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah. Initial construction of the plaint was completed in 1963, with further expansions in 1964, 1969 and 1970. Operating as a coal-fired power plant, the Four Corners plant employed thousands of individuals from Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah. Individuals present at this plant were regularly exposed to airborne asbestos.
Mesothelioma lawyers at LK are experienced in investigating powerhouse worksites. Due to the presence of various pieces of equipment and machinery throughout a power plant, there are many sources of exposure which must be investigated. During your free consultation with an LK attorney, we will explain the traditional and unique exposures suffered by individuals present at a powerhouse.
Colorado Military Bases
Several military bases operated by the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Army were established in Colorado between the 1940s and 1950s. Many skilled military personnel, civilian employees and independent contractors were exposed to asbestos at these military bases.
Other Industry in Colorado
Other industry in Colorado included the telephone industry, chemical manufacturers, mining companies, insulation companies and small foundries. Colorado citizens employed in these industries were at a high risk of being exposed to airborne asbestos at their worksite. Mesothelioma lawyers at LK will review your work history and discuss all potential sources of asbestos exposure that you may have suffered.
Individual Case Review
In Colorado, and across the country, many people also developed mesothelioma from non-occupational asbestos exposures, such as automotive work, home renovations and other hobbies, or from “second-hand asbestos exposure,” which occurred when work clothes contaminated with asbestos were worn home. An experienced LK attorney will assist your family in determining all possible sources of your exposure to asbestos dust.
Colorado worksites where asbestos exposure was common include:
- AEC/Erda (Rocky Flats, CO)
- Alamosa Power Plant (Alamosa, CO)
- American Crystal Sugar Company (Rocky Ford, CO)
- American Gilsonite (Fruita, CO)
- Ames Hydroelectric Generating Plant (Ames, CO)
- Arapahoe Power Plant (Arapahoe, CO)
- Asamera Oil USA (Commerce City, CO)
- AT&T (Lakewood, CO)
- Beet Sugar Factory (Brush, CO)
- Buckley Air Force Base (Auora, CO)
- Cameo Power Plant (Mesa County, CO)
- Centel Corporation (Canon City, CO)
- Chevron (Fruita, CO)
- Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Base (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Clark Generating (Canon City, CO)
- Conoco Oil Refinery (Commerce City, CO)
- Continental Oil Company (Commerce City, CO)
- Craig Power Station (Craig, CO)
- Day Mines, Inc. (Leadville, CO)
- Denver & Rio Grande Western Railroad Company (Alamosa, CO)
- Dow Chemical Company (Rocky Flats, CO)
- Eastman Kodak Company (Windsor, CO)
- Electrical Installation Company (Trinidad, CO)
- Feeney Supply Company (Lakewood, CO)
- Fort Saint Vrain Power Plant (Platteville, CO)
- Four Corners Power Plant (Alamosa, CO)
- Gary Refining Company (Fruita, CO)
- Great Western Sugar Company (Multiple Locations, CO)
- Hawkins & Davis Machine Company (Trinidad, CO)
- Hayden Power Plant (Hayden, CO)
- Hudson Energy Company (Craig, CO)
- Iron Silver Mining Company (Leadville, CO)
- Kitayama Brothers (Brighton, CO)
- Kuner Pickle Company (Brighton, CO)
- Landmark Petroleum (Fruita, CO)
- Leadville Gas & Electric Company (Leadville, CO)
- Louisiana Pacific (Fruita, CO)
- Madre Tierra Sugar (Fort Morgan, CO)
- Mesa Insulation (Fruita, CO)
- Nucla Power Station (Nucla, CO)
- Ouray Hydro Electric Power Plant (Ouray, CO)
- Owens Corning (Windsor, CO)
- Oxnard Construction Company (Rocky Ford, CO)
- Pawnee Power Plant (Brush, CO)
- Peata Verde Silver Mining Company (Canon City, CO)
- Public Service Company of Colorado (Multiple Locations, CO)
- Rocky Mountain Arsenal (Commerce City, CO)
- Schmidt Incinerators Company (Commerce City, CO)
- Shell Chemical (Commerce City, CO)
- Southern Colorado Power Company (Canon City, CO)
- Standard Oil Refinery (Fruita, CO)
- Twin Lakes Power Plant (Leadville, CO)
- Ultramar Diamond Colorado (Commerce City, CO)
- Utilicorp United Inc. (Canon City, CO)
- Valmont Station (Valmont, CO)
- West Plains Energy (Canon City, CO)
- Western Foundries (Longmont, CO)
- Xcel Energy (Brush, CO)
- Yak Mining & Milling Company (Leadville, CO)
If you or your loved one are a Colorado resident or were exposed to asbestos in Colorado, and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, please call 1-800-637-6529 or submit an online inquiry on this website to receive a FREE consultation with mesothelioma lawyers at Levy Konigsberg LLP.
ATTENTION: Mesothelioma has no known cure and often causes severe pain, suffering,
and other types of damage, such as loss of consortium, and loss of income.
Additionally, due to the exceedingly high cost of mesothelioma treatments,
many families exhaust savings and accumulate financial debt in order to
pay for the medical expenses of their family member.
Under the law of most states, pain and suffering from mesothelioma may be compensated through the award of money damages, usually obtained with the help of experienced mesothelioma attorneys. In some states other types of damages may also be recovered.
Asbestos litigation affords mesothelioma victims the opportunity to receive financial compensation and hold accountable the companies that caused their asbestos exposure.
IMPORTANT: If you or your family member has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you should get in touch with a mesothelioma lawyer as early as possible to determine if you have a mesothelioma case and to:
- Preserve your rights to bring a legal action against the responsible parties within the limited time frame allowed by law, known as statute of limitations;
Obtain maximum compensation in your case by being able to:
- Preserve evidence and establish facts of the asbestos exposure while the claimant is still alive and able to provide information;
- File and resolve a lawsuit against the responsible parties before they file for bankruptcy or, if they already have, to obtain compensation before their bankruptcy trust funds run out of money;
- Expedite your case, as courts tend to give higher priority to mesothelioma lawsuits where the claimant is still alive.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline at (800) 315-3806 or submit an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
NOTE: We have offices located in New York, New Jersey, California, Georgia, Washington, and Maryland. Many of our mesothelioma lawyers are licensed to practice law in a number of U.S. states and have the capability and extensive experience of representing mesothelioma clients throughout the United States. You are encouraged to contact us with any questions.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
Professional, responsive and very good at their jobs.- Lisa Ross
They have truly gone above and beyond.- Anne Fahey
I put my Faith and Trust into Corey Stern!- Dennis McGowan
With this team on my side we came out on top.- Angie Garrido
Very happy with our settlement.- Lori Rosa
Wow is all I can say.- Carol N.
Their dedication to receive the highest results for their clients was amazing.- Emily DeRogatis
Such a great team!- Kevin Kober
We definitely got the right law firm!- Mark Wells
Levy Konigsberg continued to help my family fight for the justice my father deserves.- Stephanie Vitale