CONNECTICUT: Mesothelioma Attorneys Help CT Asbestos Victims
HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT – Mesothelioma attorneys from the national asbestos litigation firm of Levy Konigsberg LLP (“LK”) are continuing to help Connecticut mesothelioma patients and families obtain legal compensation from companies who manufactured, sold or used asbestos-containing products.
Each year thousands of men and women are diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease such as mesothelioma, lung cancer, or asbestosis as a result of their unnecessary exposure to asbestos and asbestos-containing products. Due to the presence of numerous industrial employers throughout Connecticut, insulators, steel workers, plumbers, laborers, electricians, pipefitters, chemical operators, machinists, powerhouse workers, boilermakers, engineers and many other trades were routinely exposed to asbestos on a daily basis at their places of employment.
Connecticut workers were frequently exposed to asbestos by their employment in Connecticut’s prevalent shipbuilding industry. The largest shipbuilding exposure site in Connecticut was General Dynamics’ Electric Boat Shipyard.
Established in 1899, Electric Boatyard has employed thousands of individuals at its shipyard in Groton, Connecticut, where they built submarines, liberty ships, submarine chasers, diesel engines, and PT boats. Electric Boat employees also regularly undertook overhauls of maritime vessels, removing, replacing and installing products and equipment, much of which was asbestos-containing. The vessel building and overhaul work performed by Electric Boat employees typically occurred in cramped spaces with poor ventilation systems resulting in regular exposure to high levels of asbestos dust. Employees of Electric Boat regularly worked with gaskets, packing, raw asbestos, insulation, and other asbestos-containing materials throughout their careers. Mesothelioma attorneys at LK are experienced in identifying the unique asbestos exposures suffered by Electric Boat employees who built and overhauled vessels in Groton, Connecticut.
Exposure at Connecticut’s shipyards affected numerous individuals, including shipyard employees, bystanders, independent contractors, shipyard visitors and military personnel.
LK successfully represented the family of Alan Donn, a U.S. Navy veteran with a twenty-year naval career. During the course of his service, Mr. Donn worked around both naval and shipyard personnel working on various pieces of equipment and machinery using asbestos-containing gaskets, packing and thermal insulation, including steam piping, pumps, valves, turbines, generators, steam traps, and air compressors. Although Mr. Donn, as an officer, did not generally work hands-on with asbestos-containing materials himself, he supervised and stood watch while others did so, including during new construction and major overhauls of submarines. As a result of such “bystander asbestos exposure”, Mr. Donn later developed mesothelioma, an asbestos-caused cancer that occurs most commonly in the pleura or peritoneum that line the lungs and abdominal cavities, respectively.
Asbestos exposure in Connecticut was not limited to shipyards. Due to the presence of numerous industrial employers throughout CT, insulators, steel workers, plumbers, electricians, pipefitters, chemical operators, machinists, powerhouse workers, boilermakers, engineers and many other trades were routinely exposed to asbestos. Each year, approximately three thousand men and women across the country, including many in Connecticut, are diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma due to their work with or around asbestos-containing products.
An experienced LK mesothelioma attorney will determine the best venue for your asbestos lawsuit to be filed. Many Connecticut residents worked at locations in New York or regularly traveled to New York for short-term work. Depending on your employment history, your asbestos lawsuit may be filed in New York City. Attorneys at LK will thoroughly review your employment history to determine the best location to file your lawsuit. During your free consultation, an experienced LK attorney will explain the importance of where your case is filed.
Connecticut worksites where asbestos exposure was common include:
Figure 1. Map of the most common asbestos exposure sites in the State of Connecticut.
- Allen Manufacturing Company (Hartford, CT)
- Allied Chemical (Danbury, CT)
- American Brass (Ansonia, CT)
- American Chain (Bridgeport, CT)
- American Cyanamid (Stamford, CT)
- American Machine & Foundry (Greenwich, CT)
- Ansonia Sewage Treatment (Ansonia, CT)
- American Steel & Wire (New Haven, CT)
- Ashland Chemical Company (Bethel, CT)
- Bassick Company (Bridgeport, CT)
- Blakeslee Westinghouse (Branford, CT)
- Bloomfield Telephone (Bloomfield, CT)
- Bridgeport Gas Company (Bridgeport, CT)
- Bryant Electric (Bridgeport, CT)
- Buckley Brothers Oil Company (Bridgeport, CT)
- Callahan Valve Company (Hartford, CT)
- Colt Firearms (Hartford, CT)
- Continental Can (Danbury, CT)
- Continental Oil (Danbury, CT)
- Echlin Manufacturing (Branford, CT)
- Electric Boat (Groton, CT)
- Emhart (Berlin, CT)
- Farrell Manufacturing (Ansonia, CT)
- General Electric (Bridgeport, CT)
- Hess Oil (Groton, CT)
- Industrial Refractories Company (Bridgeport, CT)
- Knox Glass (Danielson, CT)
- Kohler (Dayville, CT)
- Malleable Iron (Branford, CT)
- Mobil Oil (Hartofrd, CT)
- New England Tobacco Company (Bridgeport, CT)
- Ohio Rubber (Stratford, CT)
- Olin Ramset (Branford, CT)
- Pfizer Chemical (Groton, CT)
- Pratt & Whitney (East Hartford, CT)
- Raff Corporation (Hartford, CT)
- Raybestos (Stratford, CT)
- Remington Fire Arms (Bridgeport, CT)
- Royal Typewriter (Hartford, CT)
- Schaeffer Brewery (Berlin, CT)
- Singer Sewing Machine (Bridgeport, CT)
- Spencer Turbine (Hartford, CT)
- Steel Point Powerhouse (Bridgeport, CT)
- Superior Electric (Bristol, CT)
- Synco Resin Plant (Bethel, CT)
- Texaco (New Haven, CT)
- Thames Shipyard, Groton, CT)
- Union Carbide (Danbury, CT)
- Uniroyal (Middlebury, CT)
- United Aircraft (Hartford, CT)
- United Technologies (East Hartford, CT)
- United Tool (Bloomfield, CT)
- U.S. Surgical Company (Stamford, CT)
- Vanderbilt Chemical (Bethel, CT)
- Viking Wire (Danbury, CT)
- Vulcan Radiator (Hartford, CT)
- Warner Company (Bridgeport, CT)
If you or your loved one are a Connecticut resident or were exposed to asbestos in CT, and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, please call (800) 315-3806 or submit an email inquiry to receive a FREE consultation with a mesothelioma attorney at Levy Konigsberg LLP.
ATTENTION: Mesothelioma has no known cure and often causes severe pain, suffering,
and other types of damage, such as loss of consortium, and loss of income.
Additionally, due to the exceedingly high cost of mesothelioma treatments,
many families exhaust savings and accumulate financial debt in order to
pay for the medical expenses of their family member.
Under the law of most states, pain and suffering from mesothelioma may be compensated through the award of money damages, usually obtained with the help of experienced mesothelioma attorneys. In some states other types of damages may also be recovered.
Asbestos litigation affords mesothelioma victims the opportunity to receive financial compensation and hold accountable the companies that caused their asbestos exposure.
IMPORTANT: If you or your family member has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you should get in touch with a mesothelioma lawyer as early as possible to determine if you have a mesothelioma case and to:
- Preserve your rights to bring a legal action against the responsible parties within the limited time frame allowed by law, known as statute of limitations;
Obtain maximum compensation in your case by being able to:
- Preserve evidence and establish facts of the asbestos exposure while the claimant is still alive and able to provide information;
- File and resolve a lawsuit against the responsible parties before they file for bankruptcy or, if they already have, to obtain compensation before their bankruptcy trust funds run out of money;
- Expedite your case, as courts tend to give higher priority to mesothelioma lawsuits where the claimant is still alive.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline at (800) 315-3806 or submit an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
NOTE: While our offices are located in the states of New York, New Jersey, and Georgia, many of our mesothelioma lawyers are licensed to practice law in a number of U.S. states and have the capability and extensive experience of representing mesothelioma clients throughout the United States. You are encouraged to contact us with any questions.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
They truly made a difference in our lives!- Jonathan McNulty
Outstanding law firm!- R.M.
No need to look any further.- Todd Allen
They were the clear choice!- Bruce Totterdale
Forever grateful!- Diane Hoefer
The best and brightest!- Paulette
Simply incredible!- IBS LMM
Knowledgeable guidance and representation.- Steven Simon
They are good people who want to help you.- Edwin Jimenez
They won us a lot of money.- Karen