DELAWARE: Mesothelioma Lawyers Help DE Asbestos Victims
WILMINGTON, Delaware – Mesothelioma lawyers from the national asbestos litigation firm of Levy Konigsberg LLP (“LK”) are continuing to help Delaware mesothelioma patients and families obtain legal compensation from companies who manufactured, sold or used asbestos-containing products.
Each year, thousands of men and women are diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease such as mesothelioma, lung cancer, or asbestosis as a result of their unnecessary exposure to asbestos and asbestos-containing products. These diseases may have been prevented if the companies profiting from the sale and/or use of asbestos products shared the knowledge they had concerning its dangers to their customers or end-users.
An experienced mesothelioma lawyer at LK will investigate your asbestos exposure and employment history to determine the best location for filing your case.
Many companies who manufactured and sold asbestos-containing products incorporated their businesses in Delaware and conducted substantial amounts of business in the state. Due to their corporate presence in DE, asbestos lawsuits may be filed in Wilmington, where Delaware’s asbestos docket is located. During your free consultation, an LK attorney will review all options available to successfully handling your asbestos lawsuit.
Attorneys at LK have experience in litigating various exposures suffered by individuals at the worksites of many Delaware corporations.
Headquartered in Wilmington, DuPont has maintained a corporate and manufacturing presence throughout the state for over 107 years. Stretched across Glasgow, Newark, Newport, Seaford and Wilmington, DuPont has operated pigment plants, chemical plants, experimental plants, laboratories, research facilities, manufacturing processes, and corporate offices throughout DE. DuPont employees and independent contractors were exposed to various asbestos-containing products installed at these facilities.
Over 90,000 individuals are employed by DuPont across the world. DuPont has maintained research and manufacturing locations across the country, including Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia. An experienced LK attorney will review your work history and investigate all possible sources of asbestos exposure from your DuPont worksite.
Delaware was once called home by several large automobile manufacturing companies, including General Motors, Chrysler and Ford. Individuals who were involved in manufacturing those automobiles, and other workers, such as laborers, pipefitters, and boilermakers, who maintained the equipment and machinery necessary to run these automotive plants, are at risk of developing an asbestos-related disease.
Elizabeth Henderson and her son, Bruce Henderson, worked in their family’s automotive shops in Louisiana between the 1950s and 1980s. During that period, both had significant exposure to asbestos-containing gaskets and clutches manufactured by Dana Companies LLC (“Dana”) and Zoom Performance Products (“Zoom”). Elizabeth Henderson developed pleural mesothelioma, an asbestos-related cancer of the lining of the lung, years later, and died on November 26, 2008. Compounding the family’s tragedy, Bruce Henderson was also diagnosed with mesothelioma shortly thereafter, and died on January 15, 2010.
Jerome H. Block, an LK mesothelioma lawyer and firm partner, successfully sued both companies in Delaware. Following a two-week trial in November of 2010, the jury found that both Elizabeth and Bruce Henderson were exposed to asbestos-containing products of both Dana and Zoom. The jurors further found that Dana and Zoom were negligent in failing to provide adequate warnings on their unreasonably dangerous products, and that Dana and Zoom’s misconduct was a substantial factor in causing the decedents’ mesothelioma cancers. As to damages, in Bruce Henderson’s case, the jury awarded $1.16 million for the pain and suffering. The jury also awarded $125,000 to each of Bruce Henderson’s siblings for the loss of their mother. For more information on the Henderson verdict, which LK successfully defended on appeal before the Delaware Supreme Court, click here.
Many other worksites were located throughout Delaware, including chemical companies, oil producers, textile manufacturers, power generators, and food industry corporations. Individuals in Delaware employed at these worksites performed the critical work necessary to make these companies successful without knowledge of the serious health hazards created by exposure to asbestos at these worksites. Mesothelioma lawyers at LK have the expertise necessary to carefully analyze your work history to identify the unique asbestos exposures that were present at your previous places of employment.
In Delaware and across the country, many people also developed mesothelioma from non-occupational asbestos exposures, such as driveway repair, automotive work, home renovations and other hobbies, or from “second-hand asbestos exposure,” which occurred when work clothes contaminated with asbestos were worn home. An experienced LK attorney will assist your family in identifying all possible sources of your exposure to asbestos dust.
Delaware worksites where asbestos exposure was common include:
Figure 1. Map of the most common asbestos exposure sites in the State of Delaware.
- Abex Corporation (New Castle, DE)
- Air Products (Delaware City, DE)
- Air Reduction (Delaware City, DE)
- Allied Chemical Corporation (North Claymont, DE)
- American Brake Shoe Company (New Castle, DE)
- American Manganese Steel (New Castle, DE)
- Ametec Haveg (Wilmington, DE)
- Amoco Oil Company (New Castle, DE)
- Atlas Chemical (Atlas Point, DE)
- Atlas Powder Company (Atlas Point, DE)
- Avisun – Sun Oil (New Castle, DE)
- Baker Drive Away (Newark, DE)
- Beebe Hospital (Seaford, DE)
- B.F. Shaw (Wilmington, DE)
- Bancroft Mills (Wilmington, DE)
- Benjamin F. Shaw Company (Wilmington, DE)
- Best Wall Gypsum Company (Wilmington, DE)
- Bond Crown & Cork Company (Wilmington, DE)
- Blue Hen Mall (Dover, DE)
- Boldt Steel Company (New Castle, DE)
- Bravo Shipyard (Wilmington, DE)
- Carrcroft (New Castle, DE)
- Catalytic Construction (Claymont, DE)
- Caterpillar Tractor Company (Seaford, DE)
- Chas Russo Company (Claymont, DE)
- Chrysler Auto Plant (Newark, DE)
- Ciba-Geigy (Newport, DE)
- Delaware Power & Light (Delaware City, DE)
- Delaware Water Corporation (Claymont, DE)
- Del Valley Works South (Claymont, DE)
- Delmarva Power &Light Company (Edgemoor, DE)
- Diamond Shamrock Corp. (Delaware City, DE)
- Diamond State Telephone (New astle, DE)
- Dover Air Force Base (Dover, DE)
- DuPont (Multiple Locations, DE)
- Edgemoor General Station (Edgemoor, DE)
- Edgemoor Iron Works (Edgemoor, DE)
- FMC Corporation (Newark, DE)
- Ford Motor Company (Multiple Locations, DE)
- General Chemical Company (North Claymont, DE)
- General Foods Corporation (Dover, DE)
- General Motors (multiple locations, DE)
- Getty Tidewater Refinery (Delaware City, DE)
- Graver Tank & Manufacturing Company (Edgemoor, DE)
- Haveg Industries (Marshallton, DE)
- Hoechst Polymer Company (Delaware City, DE)
- ICI Americas Inc. (Atlas Point, DE)
- Indian River Station (Edgemoor, DE)
- International Latex (Dover, DE)
- Kraft Foods, Inc. (Dover, DE)
- Krebs Pigment & Color Corporation (Edgemoor, DE)
- L-Air Liquide (Claymont, DE)
- LB Jacobs (Newark, DE)
- Ludlow Manufacturing (Edgemoor, DE)
- Marine Transport (Claymont, DE)
- McKee Run Generating Station (Dover, DE)
- Motiva Enterprises (Delaware City, DE)
- M.W. Kellog Company (Atlas Point, DE)
- New Municipal Power Plant (Dover, DE)
- Nrg Energy Inc. (Millsboro, DE)
- PFM Construction (Seaford, DE)
- Phoenix Steel (Claymont, DE)
- Scott Paper Company (Dover, DE)
- Standard Chlorine Company (Delaware City, DE)
- Star Enterprise (Delaware City, DE)
- Stauffer Chemical Company (Delaware City, DE)
- Texas Company (Claymont, DE)
- Tidewater Oil Refinery (Delaware City, DE)
- Townsends, Inc. (Millsboro, DE)
- Westinghouse Electric Company (Claymont, DE)
- Wickmere Spencer Steel Division (Claymont, DE)
- Wilmington Airport (New Castle, DE)
- Worth Steel Company (Claymont, DE)
If you or your loved one are a Delaware resident or were exposed to asbestos in Delaware, and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, please call (800) 315-3806 or submit an email inquiry. to receive a FREE consultation with mesothelioma lawyers at Levy Konigsberg LLP.
ATTENTION: Mesothelioma has no known cure and often causes severe pain, suffering,
and other types of damage, such as loss of consortium, and loss of income.
Additionally, due to the exceedingly high cost of mesothelioma treatments,
many families exhaust savings and accumulate financial debt in order to
pay for the medical expenses of their family member.
Under the law of most states, pain and suffering from mesothelioma may be compensated through the award of money damages, usually obtained with the help of experienced mesothelioma attorneys. In some states other types of damages may also be recovered.
Asbestos litigation affords mesothelioma victims the opportunity to receive financial compensation and hold accountable the companies that caused their asbestos exposure.
IMPORTANT: If you or your family member has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you should get in touch with a mesothelioma lawyer as early as possible to determine if you have a mesothelioma case and to:
- Preserve your rights to bring a legal action against the responsible parties within the limited time frame allowed by law, known as statute of limitations;
Obtain maximum compensation in your case by being able to:
- Preserve evidence and establish facts of the asbestos exposure while the claimant is still alive and able to provide information;
- File and resolve a lawsuit against the responsible parties before they file for bankruptcy or, if they already have, to obtain compensation before their bankruptcy trust funds run out of money;
- Expedite your case, as courts tend to give higher priority to mesothelioma lawsuits where the claimant is still alive.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline at (800) 315-3806 or submit an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
NOTE: While our offices are located in the states of New York, New Jersey, and Georgia, many of our mesothelioma lawyers are licensed to practice law in a number of U.S. states and have the capability and extensive experience of representing mesothelioma clients throughout the United States. You are encouraged to contact us with any questions.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
They truly made a difference in our lives!- Jonathan McNulty
Outstanding law firm!- R.M.
No need to look any further.- Todd Allen
They were the clear choice!- Bruce Totterdale
Forever grateful!- Diane Hoefer
The best and brightest!- Paulette
Simply incredible!- IBS LMM
Knowledgeable guidance and representation.- Steven Simon
They are good people who want to help you.- Edwin Jimenez
They won us a lot of money.- Karen