Exactech® Recall Lawyers
Lawsuits for Defective Exactech Hip, Ankle & Knee Replacements
If you or someone you loved suffered serious side effects due to a defective Exactech® hip, ankle, or knee replacement, you may be entitled to compensation.
Exactech has recalled thousands of its joint replacement devices due to high risks of defects and premature device failures. Now, the company is facing a growing number of lawsuits from patients who experienced serious side effects and complications, including the need for revision surgery.
Levy Konigsberg is an award-winning trial firm that is reviewing Exactech joint implant lawsuits from victims nationwide. If you have questions about a potential Exactech knee, hip, or ankle replacement lawsuit, we want to help.
Call (800) 315-3806 or contact us online for a FREE consultation.
Dangers of Exactech Defects
Defective Exactech joint replacement devices have been associated with serious side effects and complications, including:
- Premature wear and device failure
- Revision surgery
- Complete joint dislocation
- Inability to bear any weight on the joint
- Chronic pain and painful swelling
- Bone degradation and damage
- Constant noise when walking or moving
The most dangerous complications of a defective Exactech device are the need for corrective revision surgery and the risk of metallosis. Revision surgery is required to remove and replace a defective device and is unavoidable in many cases. Metallosis is a form of blood toxicity poisoning caused by bits of metal entering the bloodstream, which can happen if an oxidized implant begins to break apart in the patient.
Given the serious risks associated with Exactech implants, the company issued recalls of its most popular hip, ankle, and knee replacement devices in August 2021 and February 2022. These recalls focus on implants with polyethylene components and inserts that were packaged in a way that makes the materials vulnerable to oxidation, which in turn makes them more likely to degrade prematurely.
Exactech Lawsuit Updates
Since Exactech issued its recalls, it has faced a growing number of civil lawsuits from victims who claim that their defective joint implants caused serious side effects and the need for revision surgeries.
As the Exactech joint replacement litigation moves forward, we encourage victims to reach out to our firm as soon as possible to evaluate their rights and begin the process of constructing a claim. Here are the latest legal updates:
- In February 2023, the federal judge presiding over the Exactech litigation finalized a process allowing all future Exactech lawsuits to be consolidated directly in the Multidistrict litigation (MDL), a special process that allows complex claims to be more efficiently processed. A website was also created to house court orders and related information about the litigation.
- In October 2022, the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation consolidated at least 75 Exactech lawsuits into an MDL as more filings are expected. The company has recalled roughly 200,000 implant products since August 2021.
- In February 2022, Exactech expanded its recall of “all knee and ankle arthroplasty polyethylene inserts packaged in non-conforming bags regardless of label or shelf life.” The update covered an additional 40,000 implant components, including acetabular hip liners in the company’s Connexion, Novation, and other implant systems.
- In August 2021, Exactech issued a recall of polyethene inserts in various hip, ankle, and knee replacement systems. The company previously notified surgeons and advised them that the company was phasing out polyethylene liners.
Exactech Lawsuits: Do I Have a Case?
You may be eligible to file a lawsuit over injuries and losses caused by an Exactech implant if you:
- Have an Exactech knee, hip, or ankle implant;
- Suffered complications involving the Exactech implant;
- Have scheduled, been advised that you need, or undergone a revision surgery.
How Much is My Exactech Claim Worth?
The value of an Exactech lawsuit will depend on circumstances unique to your case, including the severity of the complications you experienced, whether you will require or have already undergone a revision surgery, and factors such as your age, occupational history and income, and how your injury impacted your ability to work and meet the demands of daily life.
Generally, victims in civil lawsuits are entitled to compensation for the losses they incurred as a result of their injuries. In Exactech cases, these damages may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Costs of revision surgery
- Physical therapy and rehab services
- Assistive care and medical device expenses
- Lost income and lost future earnings
- Other economic and non-economic damages
Our attorneys at Levy Konigsberg can help you evaluate the damages you may be entitled to recover and discuss how we can help pursue the compensation you deserve.
Recalled Exactech Implants
Exactech has recalled thousands of hip, ankle, and knee replacement devices in a series of recalls that began in August 2021. These recalls were issued after it was discovered that packaging used for polyethene inserts manufactured after 2004 allowed them to be exposed to air flow, increasing the risks of oxidation and implant failure.
Included in the Exactech recalls are hip, ankle, and knee replacement components from the company’s Optetrak, Optetrak Logic, Truliant, Vantage, Connexion, and Acumatch systems.
Recalled Knee & Ankle Implant Products
Optetrak® All-polyethylene Tibial Components (TKR)
- Optetrak® All-polyethylene CR Tibial Components
- Optetrak® All-polyethylene PS Tibial Components
Optetrak® All-polyethylene Tibial Components (PKR)
- Optetrak® All-polyethylene UNI Tibial Components
Optetrak® Tibial Inserts (TKR)
- Optetrak® CR Tibial Insert
- Optetrak® CR Tibial Slope + Insert
- Optetrak® CR Tibial Slope ++ Insert
- Optetrak® PS Tibial Inserts
- Optetrak® “MOMB” Non-Mod Molded Insert
- Optetrak® CC Tibial Insert
- Optetrak® B-Series PS Tibial Insert
- Optetrak® Hi-Flex Polyethylene Tibial Inserts (TKR)
- Arthrofocus® Polyethylene Tibial Inserts (TKR)
Optetrak® Custom Polyethylene Tibial Inserts (TKR)
- Custom Optetrak® Angled PS Insert
- Custom Optetrak® CC Tibial Insert
- Custom Optetrak® CC Insert
Optetrak Logic® Polyethylene Tibial Inserts (TKR)
- Optetrak Logic® PS Tibial Inserts
- Optetrak Logic® PSC Tibial Inserts
- Optetrak Logic® CR Tibial Inserts
- Optetrak Logic® CR Slope + Tibial Inserts
- Optetrak Logic® CR Slope ++ Tibial Inserts
- Optetrak Logic® CRC Tibial Inserts
- Optetrak Logic® CC Tibial Inserts
Optetrak® RBK® Polyethylene Tibial Inserts (TKR)
- Optetrak® RBK PS Tibial Components
Truliant® Tibial Inserts (TKR)
- Truliant® PS Tibial Inserts
- Truliant® PSC Tibial Inserts
- Truliant® CR Tibial Inserts
- Truliant® CR Slope + Tibial Inserts
- Truliant® CR Slope ++ Tibial Inserts
- Truliant® CRC Tibial Inserts
Optetrak® Logic RBK Tibial Components (TKR)
- Optetrak® Logic RBK PS Tibial Components
- Vantage® Fixed-Bearing Polyethylene Liner Component (TAR)
- Vantage® Mobile-Bearing Polyethylene Liner Component (TAR)
Recalled Hip Implant Products
Acumatch GXL Acetabular Liners
- Acumatch GXL 0 Degree 28mm Acetabular Liner
- Acumatch GXL 0 Degree 32mm Acetabular Liner
- Acumatch GXL 0 Degree 36mm Acetabular Liner
- Acumatch GXL 15 Degree 28mm Acetabular Liner
- Acumatch GXL 15 Degree 32mm Acetabular Liner
- Acumatch GXL 15Deg Liner 36mm
- Acumatch GXL 8mm Extended Coverage Liner
- Acumatch GXL 15 Degree +5 Lateralized 28mm Acetabular Liner
- Acumatch GXL 15 Degree +5 Lateralized 38mm Acetabular Liner
- Acumatch GXL 15 Degree +5 Lateralized 36mm Acetabular Liner
MCS GXL Acetabular Liners
- MCS GXL 5/15 Degree 28mm Acetabular Liner
- MCS GXL 5/15 Degree 32mm Acetabular Liner
- MCS GXL 5/15 Degree 36mm Acetabular Liner
- MCS Custom GXL Acetabular Liner
Novation GXL Acetabular Liners
- Novation GXL Neutral 28mm Acetabular Liner
- Novation GXL Neutral 32mm Acetabular Liner
- Novation GXL Neutral 36mm Acetabular Liner
- Novation GXL Neutral 40mm Acetabular Liner
- Novation GXL Lipped 28mm Acetabular Liner
- Novation GXL Lipped 32mm Acetabular Liner
- Novation GXL Lipped Anterior 32mm Acetabular Liner
- Novation GXL Lipped 40mm Acetabular Liner
- Novation GXL +5 Lateralized 28mm Acetabular Liner
- Novation GXL +5 Lateralized 32mm Acetabular Liner
- Novation GXL +5 Lateralized 36mm Acetabular Liner
- Novation GXL +5 Lateralized 40mm Acetabular Liner
- Novation GXL 10° Face Changing 32mm Acetabular Liner
- Novation GXL 10° Face Changing 36mm Acetabular Liner
- Novation GXL 10° Face Changing 40mm Acetabular Liner
Exactech All Polyethylene Cemented Acetabular Cup
- All Poly Cementer Cup 22mm
- All Poly Cementer Cup 28mm
- All Poly Cementer Cup 32mm
Acumatch Conventional UHMWPE
- Acumatch 0 Degree Acetabular Liner 28mm
- Acumatch 15 Degree Acetabular Liner 22mm
- Acumatch 15 Degree Acetabular Liner 28mm
- Acumatch 15 Degree Acetabular Liner 32mm
- Acumatch 15 Degree Acetabular Liner 36mm
- Acumatch Extended Coverage Acetabular Liner 28mm
- Acumatch Lateralized Acetabular Liner 28mm
- Acumatch +5mm Lateralized Acetabular Liner 15 Deg 36mm
- Acumatch 0 Degree Constrained Acetabular Liner 28mm
- Acumatch 0 Degree Constrained Acetabular Liner 32mm
MCS Conventional UHMWPE
- MCS 0 Degree Constrained Acetabular Liner 28mm
- MCS 0 Degree Constrained Acetabular Liner 32mm
- Custom MCS Acetabular Liner +0 22mm
- Custom MCS Acetabular Liner +5 Lateralized 22mm
MCS Conventional UHMWPE
- Novation Constrained Acetabular Liner 28mm
- Novation Constrained Acetabular Liner 32mm
- Novation Constrained Acetabular Liner 36mm
Many people with recalled implants have been notified by surgeons after experiencing complications or undergoing revision surgeries. You can check if your implant has been recalled on the Exactech website, or by speaking with one of our attorneys.
How Levy Konigsberg Can Help
Levy Konigsberg is an award-winning trial practice with a reputation for taking on the country’ toughest claims. If you have a potential Exactech lawsuit, you can be confident trusting a firm with our record of success:
- More than $3 billion in compensation recovered for clients.
- Nationally recognized trial lawyers with decades of experience.
- Proven results litigating complex products liability and defective medical device claims.
Our Exactech recall attorneys are now reviewing claims from individuals nationwide who suffered adverse outcomes after undergoing hip, ankle, or knee replacement surgeries using recalled Exactech implants. We offer FREE and confidential consultations and handle cases on contingency – which means there’s no cost to hire and no fee unless we win.
Learn more about filing an Exactech knee, hip, or ankle replacement lawsuit with the help of Levy Konigsberg. Call (800) 315-3806 or contact us online for a FREE consultation.
Exactech Lawsuit FAQ
Q:What is Exactech?
A:Exactech is a medical device company that was founded in Florida in the ‘80s. It has shifted its focus to orthopedic implant device production in recent years. Perhaps not by coincidence, the number of product liability lawsuits filed against Exactech has increased recently.
Q:Why are people filing lawsuits against Exactech?
A:People have filed lawsuits against Exactech because they allege that the company's orthopedic implant devices were defective and caused their injuries such as pain, inflammation, and mobility issues, as well as other more severe issues in some cases.
Q:What Exactech products are involved in the lawsuits?
A:The lawsuits involve various products and product lines manufactured by Exactech, such as Optetrak, Truliant, Acumatch GXL, Novation GXL, and many more. If you have an Exactech implant of any kind, then it is worth talking to your doctor and an attorney to see if it is part of a recall and/or lawsuit.
Q:How do I know if I have an Exactech implant device?
A:If you've had joint replacement surgery recently, you can ask your surgeon or doctor whether an Exactech device was used. You can also check your medical records to see what type of device was implanted. Many medical providers now make this information easily accessible by using a smartphone app that you can use anywhere that you have internet access.
Q:What should I do if I think my injury was caused by a defective Exactech device?
A:If you believe that your injury or complications are related to an Exactech orthopedic implant device, it's important to speak with a lawyer who can work on complex product liability cases, like our attorneys of Levy Konigsberg. We can help you determine whether you have a case and guide you through the legal process.
Q:Is there a deadline for filing a lawsuit against Exactech?
A:Yes, there is typically a statute of limitations for filing product liability claims. The specific time frame varies depending on the state where the claim is being filed, as well as other potential factors that can be unique to each case. It's important to contact a lawyer as soon as possible to form and file your claim before the statute of liability expires.
Q:What types of injuries have been linked to Exactech implant devices?
A:Some common injuries and complications reported by patients with Exactech implants include pain, inflammation, implant loosening or failure, device breakage or fracture, tissue damage, and limited mobility. If you have suffered a less common injury that has been linked to an Exactech device failure, then you could still have a valid claim, even though your injury is not similar to those of most other plaintiffs.
Q:How long do Exactech implant devices typically last?
A:The lifespan of an Exactech implant device can vary depending on factors such as the patient's age and activity level. However, these devices are generally designed to last for 10-20 years. Some devices are meant to never need replacement. Your doctor can tell you more about how long a medical implant device should have reasonably lasted, and if an early failure could be an indicator of the manufacturer’s negligence.
Q:How many people have filed lawsuits against Exactech so far?
A:Hundreds of lawsuits have been filed against Exactech by patients who claim to have been injured by the company's orthopedic implant devices. More people come forward each day with stories of a device failure that left them seriously injured. Don’t miss your opportunity to join others in the legal fight against Exactech. Call (800) 315-3806 now.
Q:What damages can I recover in an Exactech lawsuit?
A:If you file a successful product liability claim against Exactech, you may be able to recover compensation for damages such as medical expenses, lost wages or income, pain and suffering, and other costs related to hardships and losses.
Q:Are there any class action lawsuits against Exactech?
A:Yes, there have been class action lawsuits filed against Exactech on behalf of groups of patients who were allegedly harmed by the company's implant devices. If you want to know if you qualify to join an Exactech consumer class action, let Levy Konigsberg help you. Our law firm is known nationwide for providing high-quality legal representation for class action plaintiffs against massive corporations, medical device manufacturers, Big Pharma, and more.
Q:Can I still file an Exactech lawsuit if I signed a consent form before my surgery?
A:Signing a consent form does not necessarily prevent you from filing a lawsuit if you were injured by an Exactech implant device. These forms typically outline the risks associated with surgery but do not absolve medical device manufacturers from liability if their products are found to be defective.
Q:How long does an Exactech lawsuit typically take to resolve?
A:Product liability claims and class action lawsuits like those involving defective Exactech implant devices can take years to resolve. Each case is different, of course, but complicated class action lawsuits tend to have a lot of back-and-forths, many court dates, challenges, appeals, and more steps that can add up to years of casework and litigation.
Q:Do I have to pay anything upfront to file an Exactech lawsuit?
A:Our product liability attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not have to pay any upfront attorney fees. Instead, we only receive payment if you win your case or reach a settlement.
Q:Can I file a lawsuit against my doctor instead of Exactech?
A:While doctors and surgeons can be held liable for medical malpractice in certain situations, product liability claims against medical device manufacturers like Exactech are usually separate from malpractice claims. You would only file against your doctor for a failed Exactech device if your doctor knew of the product’s high failure rate and didn’t tell you, or committed another type of unusual violation of your rights as a patient. Most likely, you will not be naming your doctor as a defendant if your injuries were caused by an unsafe or defective Exactech device.
Q:What evidence is used to support an Exactech lawsuit?
A:To build a strong case against Exactech, your attorney will likely need medical records and documentation related to your surgery and implant device. We may also need to conduct interviews with medical professionals and other witnesses.
Q:Can I file an Exactech lawsuit from any state?
A:Class action lawsuits against Exactech can invite people into the plaintiff class, regardless of where they live in the U.S. Levy Konigsberg can provide legal counsel to Exactech class action plaintiffs in all 50 states.
Q:Should I join an Exactech class action lawsuit or file my own individual claim?
A:The decision of whether to join a class action lawsuit or file your own individual claim depends on various factors such as the strength of your case, the damages you've incurred, and how those damages are linked to an Exactech device. Don’t try to make this important decision alone. Let our Exactech attorneys guide you through this decision-making process.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Know the DifferenceCommitted to Doing What's Right
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
Thousands of Clients HelpedHear What They Have to Say
Professional, responsive and very good at their jobs.- Lisa Ross
They have truly gone above and beyond.- Anne Fahey
I put my Faith and Trust into Corey Stern!- Dennis McGowan
With this team on my side we came out on top.- Angie Garrido
Very happy with our settlement.- Lori Rosa
Wow is all I can say.- Carol N.
Their dedication to receive the highest results for their clients was amazing.- Emily DeRogatis
Such a great team!- Kevin Kober
We definitely got the right law firm!- Mark Wells
Levy Konigsberg continued to help my family fight for the justice my father deserves.- Stephanie Vitale
You Can Trust
Social Media Linked to Rising Teen Suicide RatesView Article
- Defective Products,
- Social Media
J&J Tries to Dodge Talc Powder Lawsuits with Bankruptcy LoopholeView Article
- Defective Products,
- Cancer Cases,
- Firm News
Levy Konigsberg LLP Files Elmiron Lawsuit for Failure to Warn of Serious Drug-induced Eye DiseaseView Article
- Defective Products