October 10, 2002 – Exxon-Mobil found by a New York jury negligent in selling its asbestos containing thermal insulation cement without any warning about the hazards of asbestos exposure and thus causing the plaintiff’s mesothelioma.
Exxon-Mobil found by a New York jury negligent in selling its asbestos containing thermal insulation cement without any warning about the hazards of asbestos exposure and thus causing the plaintiff’s mesothelioma.
NEW YORK, New York, October 10, 2002 – In a mesothelioma lawsuit1, a New York jury finds Exxon-Mobil 100% at fault for causing LK client Vincent Falbo’s mesothelioma. The jury unanimously found that Exxon-Mobil was negligent in selling its asbestos containing Hi-Heat Dum-Dum thermal insulation cement without any warning about the hazards of asbestos exposure. In so doing, the jury rejected Exxon-Mobil’s claim that its asbestos product was safe for workers like Mr. Falbo.
The jury found that Exxon-Mobil was responsible for $650,000 worth of damages to Mr. Falbo and his wife. LK also obtained substantial settlements for Mr. and Mrs. Falbo prior to trial from other companies that shared in the responsibility for Mr. Falbo’s mesothelioma.
Mesothelioma lawyer Jerome H. Block of Levy Konigsberg LLP tried the case on behalf of Mr. and Mrs. Falbo. LK mesothelioma attorney Peter Tambini assisted as second chair.
For over a quarter of a century, mesothelioma lawyers at Levy Konigsberg LLP have been among the pioneers of asbestos litigation in America. The firm’s attorneys have been recognized as nationwide leaders in representing the rights of mesothelioma victims and their families. Their clients have received some of the largest mesothelioma compensation verdicts in the country.
For more information about this or other mesothelioma lawsuits, please contact Levy Konigsberg LLP at 212-605-6200 or 1-800-MESO-LAW (1-800-637-6529), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Under the law of most states, pain and suffering from mesothelioma may be compensated through the award of money damages, usually obtained with the help of experienced mesothelioma attorneys. In some states other types of damages may also be recovered.
Asbestos litigation affords mesothelioma victims the opportunity to receive financial compensation and hold accountable the companies that caused their asbestos exposure.
- Preserve your rights to bring a legal action against the responsible parties within the limited time frame allowed by law, known as statute of limitations;
- Obtain maximum compensation in your case by being able to:
- Preserve evidence and establish facts of the asbestos exposure while the claimant is still alive and able to provide information;
- File and resolve a lawsuit against the responsible parties before they file for bankruptcy or, if they already have, to obtain compensation before their bankruptcy trust funds run out of money;
- Expedite your case, as courts tend to give higher priority to mesothelioma lawsuits where the claimant is still alive.
1 Vincent Falbo and Inez Falbo vs. AC & S, Inc., et al., No. 117841/91 (N.Y. Sup. Ct., New York County).