Pharmaceutical Fraud Whistleblowers
What is Pharmaceutical Fraud?
Pharmaceutical Fraud occurs when the Government, either through Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE, or some other Government sponsored healthcare program, pays for a beneficiary’s medication that was not eligible for reimbursement.
How is Pharmaceutical Fraud different than Pharmaceutical Liability?
Pharmaceutical Fraud occurs when pharmaceutical manufacturers perpetrate fraud against Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE, or some other Government sponsored healthcare program. These cases are brought under the False Claims Act.
Pharmaceutical Liability occurs when an individual is injured due to taking medication. To learn more about Pharmaceutical Liability, please visit our Pharmaceuticals Page.
What are some common Pharmaceutical Fraud schemes?
Pharmaceutical manufacturers have been found guilty of perpetrating fraud against Medicare and Medicaid programs costing tax payers billions of dollars each year.
Some examples of Pharmaceutical Fraud include:
- Marketing drugs for unapproved uses, which is often referred to as “off-label marketing”;
- Submitting false data to the Food and Drug Administration to obtain drug approval;
- Marketing drugs using false or misleading information;
- Illegal kickbacks or referral schemes; and
- Submitting false price data to CMS or Drug Plans to fraudulently inflate reimbursement.
What can I do to stop Pharmaceutical Fraud?
If you have knowledge and proof that a company is submitting false claims in relation to Pharmaceutical Fraud, then give us a call today for a free consultation and case review with an experienced whistleblower attorney.
This information is for educational purposes. It is not offered as and does not constitute legal advice or legal opinions. You should not act or rely upon this information without seeking the advice of an attorney.
- 2017 False Claims Act Year in Review: Government Recovers $3.7 Billion
- Do You Work For A Motor Vehicle Manufacturer, Supplier, Or Dealership And Came Across Safety Violations Your Employer Is Trying To Keep Hidden? Don’t Let Them Get Away With It, Call Now!
- 2016 False Claims Act Year in Review: Whistleblowers Collect $519 Million
- New Study Confirms Importance of Whistleblowers in Preventing Corporate Fraud
- Where was the Wells Fargo Whistleblower? Part II.
- Fiscal Year 2016 Record Year for SEC Whistleblowers - $57 Million Awarded to Whistleblowers!
- SEC Investigating Wells Fargo Fraudulent Practices
- Whistleblower First! SEC Rewards Whistleblower $3.75 Million For Reporting Violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Did Your Employer Actually Qualify For That Government Set-Aside It Received? Did Your Competition Win A Contract It Didn’t Deserve?
- Hiding Wealth Offshore To Avoid Paying Taxes Is Illegal And IRS Will Reward Those Who Blow The Whistle On Anyone That Tries
- Aware of Banks and Mortgage Lenders Defrauding the Government Through FHA or VA Insured Loans? Don’t “Short” The Market, Contact Us!
- U.S. Education Department Creates New Unit to Investigate Student Aid Fraud
- The False Claims Act Year in Review: Whistleblowers Collect a Record $597 Million
- False Claims Act Update: Top Recoveries & Enforcement Trends from 2014
- Whistleblower Attorneys Recover $1M in Medicare Fraud Case
- Qui Tam Attorney Discusses the DOE’s Final Gainful Employment Rules
- Career Education Corporation Agrees to $10.5 Million Settlement Over Inflated Employment Rates
- Pharmaceutical Company to Pay $40.1 M to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- Qui Tam Lawsuit Involving Healthcare Fraud Intervened by US Government
- Medicare Fraud Responsible for $23 Million Paid to the Dead in 2011?
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.