State False Claims Acts
LK handles qui tam cases nationwide. In addition to the Federal False Claims Act, 23 states have their own false claims acts. Each one has established laws that allow recovery for “whistle blowers” who can prove fraud against a government body and laws that protect them from retaliation by their employer.
These states include: California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin, bringing the total number of states to 24. The California and Illinois false claims acts also permit relators to bring claims for fraud against private insurers. Other bodies of government that have their own false claims acts are the District of Columbia, New York City and Chicago.
Note: The text of the state FCA laws on this web site are believed to be
up-to-date and complete, but we urge lawyers and relators filing qui tam
cases to rely on the most up-to-date version of their respective state codes.
State Specific False Claims Act Information:
- California False Claims Act
- Colorado False Claims Act
- Connecticut False Claims Act
- Delaware False Claims Act
- District of Columbia False Claims Act
- Florida False Claims Act
- Georgia False Claims Act
- Hawaii False Claims Act
- Illinois False Claims Act
- Indiana False Claims Act
- Iowa False Claims Act
- Maryland False Claims Act
- Massachusetts False Claims Act
- Michigan False Claims Act
- Minnesota False Claims Act
- Montana False Claims Act
- Nevada False Claims Act
- New Jersey False Claims Act
- New York False Claims Act
- North Carolina False Claims Act
- Oklahoma False Claims Act
- Rhode Island False Claims Act
- Tennessee False Claims Act
- Texas False Claims Act
- Vermont False Claims Act
- Virginia False Claims Act
- Washington False Claims Act
City and County False Claims Act Information:
Allegheny County, Pennsylvania –
Chicago – https://law.resource.org/pub/us/code/city/il/Chicago/MunicipalCode/MunicipalCode.2013.03.13.html
New York City – http://www.nyc.gov/html/law/downloads/pdf/NYC_False_Claims_Act.pdf
Philadelphia – http://phillycode.org/19/19-3600/
IMPORTANT: If you believe you have evidence of fraud against the government, securities fraud, commodities fraud or IRS or New York State tax fraud, contact us for a free, confidential consultation by calling our 24/7 toll-free hotline at (800) 315-3806 or by submitting an email inquiry.
- 2017 False Claims Act Year in Review: Government Recovers $3.7 Billion
- Do You Work For A Motor Vehicle Manufacturer, Supplier, Or Dealership And Came Across Safety Violations Your Employer Is Trying To Keep Hidden? Don’t Let Them Get Away With It, Call Now!
- 2016 False Claims Act Year in Review: Whistleblowers Collect $519 Million
- New Study Confirms Importance of Whistleblowers in Preventing Corporate Fraud
- Where was the Wells Fargo Whistleblower? Part II.
- Fiscal Year 2016 Record Year for SEC Whistleblowers - $57 Million Awarded to Whistleblowers!
- SEC Investigating Wells Fargo Fraudulent Practices
- Whistleblower First! SEC Rewards Whistleblower $3.75 Million For Reporting Violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Did Your Employer Actually Qualify For That Government Set-Aside It Received? Did Your Competition Win A Contract It Didn’t Deserve?
- Hiding Wealth Offshore To Avoid Paying Taxes Is Illegal And IRS Will Reward Those Who Blow The Whistle On Anyone That Tries
- Aware of Banks and Mortgage Lenders Defrauding the Government Through FHA or VA Insured Loans? Don’t “Short” The Market, Contact Us!
- U.S. Education Department Creates New Unit to Investigate Student Aid Fraud
- The False Claims Act Year in Review: Whistleblowers Collect a Record $597 Million
- False Claims Act Update: Top Recoveries & Enforcement Trends from 2014
- Whistleblower Attorneys Recover $1M in Medicare Fraud Case
- Qui Tam Attorney Discusses the DOE’s Final Gainful Employment Rules
- Career Education Corporation Agrees to $10.5 Million Settlement Over Inflated Employment Rates
- Pharmaceutical Company to Pay $40.1 M to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- Qui Tam Lawsuit Involving Healthcare Fraud Intervened by US Government
- Medicare Fraud Responsible for $23 Million Paid to the Dead in 2011?
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
Professional, responsive and very good at their jobs.- Lisa Ross
They have truly gone above and beyond.- Anne Fahey
I put my Faith and Trust into Corey Stern!- Dennis McGowan
With this team on my side we came out on top.- Angie Garrido
Very happy with our settlement.- Lori Rosa
Wow is all I can say.- Carol N.
Their dedication to receive the highest results for their clients was amazing.- Emily DeRogatis
Such a great team!- Kevin Kober
We definitely got the right law firm!- Mark Wells
Levy Konigsberg continued to help my family fight for the justice my father deserves.- Stephanie Vitale