Flint Water Crisis
The lead poisoning law firm of Levy Konigsberg LLP is leading the way in the Flint Water Crisis litigation. While other firms have sought to lump all of Flint’s children into one class action lawsuit, Levy Konigsberg recognizes that each child was affected by this tragedy in a different way, and that individual lawsuits are the only way to adequately represent each child. From early February 2016, Levy Konigsberg began a push to ensure that each child could get their own individual case. The lead poisoning law firm now represents over 1300 children, individually, who were lead poisoned during the crisis.
Levy Konigsberg was also the first law firm to target the multibillion dollar multinational corporation Veolia, Inc. for its role in the mass poisoning of the residents of Flint, on behalf of individual children. Veolia, a water consulting company based in France and valued at over $11 billion, was instrumental in the covering up the harm caused by switching Flint’s water source from the safe Detroit water system to the polluted and dangerous Flint River water. Flint’s residents paid Veolia $40,000.00 to study the water crisis in early 2015 and make recommendations for ending it. Instead of focusing on how to make the water safe for drinking, cooking, and bathing, the company focused on how to treat the water’s discoloration. The company even went so far as to assure residents that the water was safe to drink, despite all evidence to the contrary.
Levy Konigsberg has taken a leading role in negotiating and drafting a Case Management Order in an effort to lower barrier to entry for other individual lawsuits. When the Case Management Order is entered, new lawsuits filed by individuals should have a lower filing fee, utilize a short form complaint (reducing paperwork), and a fair and efficient fact sheet to provide everyone information necessary for the lawsuits to proceed in a timely matter.
Levy Konigsberg LLP has won over $100 million on behalf of lead poisoned children throughout the United States. Partnering with local Flint, Michigan firm Robinson, Carter & Crawford PLLC, Levy Konigsberg is committed to making the children of Flint whole. With two offices located in downtown Flint and Flint Township, it is easy for anyone to meet with our staff and have any questions answered. If you or your family was affected by the Flint Water Crisis, reach out to one of our experienced lead poisoning attorneys today.
LEAD POISONING NEWS
- Federal Court Awards $626 Million to Victims of the Flint Lead Water Crisis
- Levy Konigsberg Sues the City of Jackson on Behalf of 600 Lead-Poisoned Children
- Levy Konigsberg Announces $600 Million Settlement for Victims of Flint Water Crisis
- Michigan Federal Court Rules EPA Must Defend Lawsuit in the Flint Water Crisis
- Lead-Contaminated Dust Poses Major Health Hazard to New York Tenants
- Federal Judge Allows Class Action to Proceed Against Embattled Mayor Bill de Blasio and New York City Housing Authority
- Lead Poisoning Victim to Sue Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority
- Ninth Circuit Court Demands EPA Issue Updated Rules on Lead Poisoning
- Alexander County Housing Authority Failed to Protect Residents from Lead Poisoning
- Flint Lawyers Take on NYCHA for Lead Paint Violations
- Areas of Portland, Oregon Found With High Levels of Lead in Drinking Water
- One-Third of High Risk Children Untested for Lead Poisoning in California
- Levy Konigsberg Appointed Lead Counsel in Flint Water Litigation
- LK Attorney Comments on Lead Crisis in East Chicago, Indiana
- Levy Konigsberg Wins Legal Ruling in Flint Lead Poisoning Cases
- LK Files Third Wave of Lawsuits in Flint Michigan, Case Filings Now Total 75 Lead-Poisoned Children
- Levy Konigsberg Files Flint Lawsuits for More Than 20 Lead-Poisoned Children
- Levy Konigsberg Lead Poisoning Attorney Attends Flint, Michigan Town Hall
- Levy Konigsberg Attorney Comments on Flint Michigan Water Crisis Involving Lead
- Levy Konigsberg LLP Obtains Two Separate Lead Poisoning Awards in New Jersey
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
Professional, responsive and very good at their jobs.- Lisa Ross
They have truly gone above and beyond.- Anne Fahey
I put my Faith and Trust into Corey Stern!- Dennis McGowan
With this team on my side we came out on top.- Angie Garrido
Very happy with our settlement.- Lori Rosa
Wow is all I can say.- Carol N.
Their dedication to receive the highest results for their clients was amazing.- Emily DeRogatis
Such a great team!- Kevin Kober
We definitely got the right law firm!- Mark Wells
Levy Konigsberg continued to help my family fight for the justice my father deserves.- Stephanie Vitale