April 18, 2013 – The Florida mesothelioma lawyers at the nationally-acclaimed asbestos litigation law firm of Levy Konigsberg LLP, demonstrate a map of some of the common asbestos exposure sites in FL.
The Florida mesothelioma lawyers at the nationally-acclaimed asbestos litigation law firm of Levy Konigsberg LLP ( “LK”), demonstrate a map of some of the common asbestos exposure sites in FL.
MIAMI, Florida, April 18, 2013 – Every year, hundreds of men and women in Florida are diagnosed with mesothelioma. Even more are diagnosed with lung cancer and asbestosis. All of these asbestos-related diseases could have been prevented if workers had been warned about the dangers of asbestos and properly protected from exposure to this deadly carcinogen.
Asbestos has been used in commercial and industrial facilities across Florida for decades. For example, Florida is home to a number of shipyards where asbestos was regularly used. These include, among others:
- Atlantic Dry Dock (Jacksonville, FL);
- Gulf Marine Repair Corporation (Tampa, FL);
- Jones Boat Yard (Miami, FL);
- Mayport Navy Station (Jacksonville, FL);
- Miami Shipbuilding Corporation (Miami, FL);
- Offshore Shipbuilding Co. (Palatka, FL);
- Pensacola Naval Air Station (Pensacola, FL);
- Tampa Bay Shipbuilding (Tampa, FL);
LK’s Florida mesothelioma lawyer further explains how workers were often exposed to asbestos in various power plants around FL. These include, among others:
- Anclote Power Plant (Holiday, FL);
- Big Bend Power Plant (Tampa, FL);
- Crystal River Power Plant (Crystal River, FL);
- Ft. Myers Power Plant (Ft. Myers, FL);
- Gannon Power Station (Tampa, FL);
- Hookers Point Power Plant (Tampa, FL);
- Saint Lucie Nuclear Power Plant (Hutchinson Island, FL);
- Scholz Power Plant (Sneads, FL);
- Smith Municipal Power Plant (Lake Worth, FL);
- Turkey Point Nuclear Plant (Homestead, FL);
- Vero Beach Municipal Power Plant (Vero Beach, FL);
A number of other industries used asbestos in their facilities, exposing Florida’s workers to asbestos unnecessarily. For example:
- Ameristeel (Tampa, Jacksonville, FL);
- Bordern Chemical Company (Piney Point, FL);
- NASA (Orlando, FL);
- U.S. Sugar Corp. (Clewiston, FL);
Figure 1. Map of some of the common asbestos exposure sites in Florida.
LK is one of the nation’s premier law firms featuring highly acclaimed mesothelioma lawyers with decades of experience in the areas of asbestos exposure and mesothelioma law. LK has litigated precedent-setting cases and obtained significant rulings and judgments, which have included some of the highest awards in mesothelioma, asbestos, and personal injury litigation. Based on its close to 30 years of experience and proven track record, LK was recently named Plaintiff’s Product Liability Law Firm of the Year for 2013 by U.S. News & World Report magazine.
Many individuals who are diagnosed with mesothelioma may have relocated to Florida after retiring and were exposed to asbestos outside of Florida. With offices in several different states, including New York, New Jersey, and Georgia, LK is best poised to assist asbestos victims wherever they live and were exposed to asbestos.
If you or your loved one were diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to significant compensation. Please contact LK’s Florida mesothelioma lawyers at 1-800-MESO-LAW (1-800-637-6529) or submit an online request for a free consultation to discuss your legal options.
Under the law of most states, pain and suffering from mesothelioma may be compensated through the award of money damages, usually obtained with the help of experienced mesothelioma attorneys. In some states other types of damages may also be recovered.
Asbestos litigation affords mesothelioma victims the opportunity to receive financial compensation and hold accountable the companies that caused their asbestos exposure.
- Preserve your rights to bring a legal action against the responsible parties within the limited time frame allowed by law, known as statute of limitations;
- Obtain maximum compensation in your case by being able to:
- Preserve evidence and establish facts of the asbestos exposure while the claimant is still alive and able to provide information;
- File and resolve a lawsuit against the responsible parties before they file for bankruptcy or, if they already have, to obtain compensation before their bankruptcy trust funds run out of money;
- Expedite your case, as courts tend to give higher priority to mesothelioma lawsuits where the claimant is still alive.