KENTUCKY Mesothelioma Lawyers Helping Asbestos Victims in KY
FRANKFORT, Kentucky – Mesothelioma lawyers from the national asbestos litigation firm of Levy Konigsberg LLP (“LK”) are continuing to help Kentucky mesothelioma patients and families obtain legal compensation from companies who manufactured, sold or used asbestos-containing products.
Due to the presence of numerous industrial employers throughout Kentucky, insulators, steel workers, pipefitters, laborers, plumbers, machinists, oven operators, powerhouse workers, mechanics and many other trades were routinely exposed to asbestos. Each year, approximately three thousand men and women across the country, including many in Kentucky, are diagnosed with mesothelioma, an aggressive asbestos cancer.
Kentucky residents have been exposed to asbestos at industrial facilities, mechanic shops, assembly plants, chemical plants, power plants and steel plants. Numerous independent contractors were also exposed to asbestos from their work at many of these facilities. Many of these asbestos exposure sites are located in and around the Kentucky portion of the Ohio Valley. However, the asbestos problem in Kentucky was pervasive, throughout the entire state. Many asbestos exposure sites were located in West Virginia and Ohio, where Kentucky citizens would commute daily to their places of employment. Many people in Kentucky also developed mesothelioma from non-occupational asbestos exposures, such as automotive work and home renovations, or from “second-hand asbestos exposure,” which occurred when work clothes contaminated with asbestos were worn home.
The following map of Kentucky – Ohio Valley worksites where most of asbestos exposure in KY occurred:
Figure 1. Map of the most common asbestos exposure sites in the State of Kentucky.
- Allied Chemical (Ashland, KY)
- American Electric Power (Louisa, KY)
- American Water Works & Electric Company (Lexington, KY)
- Armco/AK Steel (Ashland, KY)
- Ashland Oil (Ashland, KY)
- Ashland Steel (Ashland, KY)
- Atomic Energy Commission Plant – AEC (Paducah, KY)
- B.F. Goodrich (Calvert, KY)
- Burnside Power Plant (Lexington, KY)
- Commercial Incinerators, Inc. (Georgetown, KY)
- DuPont (Louisville, KY)
- Fort Campbell Army Base (Fort Campbell, KY)
- Fort Knox (Louisville, KY)
- General Electric (Louisville KY
- GAF (Calvert, KY)
- General Motors (Bowling Green, KY)
- IBM (Lexington, KY)
- John Graves Memorial Hospital (Georgetown, KY)
- Lorillard Company (Lexington, KY)
- Louisville Firebrick (Louisville, KY)
- Louisville Gas & Electric Plant (Louisville, KY)
- Marathon Oil (Ashland, KY)
- McNally Manufacturing Corporation (Wheelright, KY)
- Ohio Foundry and Manufacturing (Louisville, KY)
- Owensboro Municipal Utilities (Owensboro, KY)
- Owens-Corning Fiberglass Corporation (KY)
- Procter and Gamble (Lexington, KY)
- Paradise Steam (Paradise, KY)
- Reynolds Metals Paint (Louisville, KY)
- Ross Brothers (Ashland, KY)
- Sandy Power (Louisa, KY)
- Shawnee Power Plant (Paducah, KY)
- Shell (Belpre, OH)
- Texas Gas Transmission Plant (Paducah, KY)
- TVA Power (Drakesboro, KY)
- TVA Steam (Paducah, KY)
- University of Kentucky Hospital (Lexington, KY)
If you or your loved one are a Kentucky resident or were exposed to asbestos in KY or the Ohio Valley, and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, please call (800) 315-3806 or submit an email inquiry on this website to receive a FREE consultation with a Kentucky mesothelioma lawyer at Levy Konigsberg LLP.
ATTENTION: Mesothelioma has no known cure and often causes severe pain, suffering,
and other types of damage, such as loss of consortium, and loss of income.
Additionally, due to the exceedingly high cost of mesothelioma treatments,
many families exhaust savings and accumulate financial debt in order to
pay for the medical expenses of their family member.
Under the law of most states, pain and suffering from mesothelioma may be compensated through the award of money damages, usually obtained with the help of experienced mesothelioma attorneys. In some states other types of damages may also be recovered.
Asbestos litigation affords mesothelioma victims the opportunity to receive financial compensation and hold accountable the companies that caused their asbestos exposure.
IMPORTANT: If you or your family member has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you should get in touch with a mesothelioma lawyer as early as possible to determine if you have a mesothelioma case and to:
- Preserve your rights to bring a legal action against the responsible parties within the limited time frame allowed by law, known as statute of limitations;
Obtain maximum compensation in your case by being able to:
- Preserve evidence and establish facts of the asbestos exposure while the claimant is still alive and able to provide information;
- File and resolve a lawsuit against the responsible parties before they file for bankruptcy or, if they already have, to obtain compensation before their bankruptcy trust funds run out of money;
- Expedite your case, as courts tend to give higher priority to mesothelioma lawsuits where the claimant is still alive.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline at (800) 315-3806 or submit an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
NOTE: While our offices are located in the states of New York, New Jersey, and Georgia, many of our mesothelioma lawyers are licensed to practice law in a number of U.S. states and have the capability and extensive experience of representing mesothelioma clients throughout the United States. You are encouraged to contact us with any questions.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
They truly made a difference in our lives!- Jonathan McNulty
Outstanding law firm!- R.M.
No need to look any further.- Todd Allen
They were the clear choice!- Bruce Totterdale
Forever grateful!- Diane Hoefer
The best and brightest!- Paulette
Simply incredible!- IBS LMM
Knowledgeable guidance and representation.- Steven Simon
They are good people who want to help you.- Edwin Jimenez
They won us a lot of money.- Karen