Moshe Maimon is a partner at Levy Konigsberg LLP. He is a litigation specialist handling complex personal injury cases involving asbestos and mesothelioma, toxic substances, pharmaceuticals, defective consumer products, and medical malpractice, as well as consumer fraud and other commercial litigation matters.
Moshe has personally tried and been part of legal teams that have won some of the largest damage awards in the country. Moreover, many of these cases have yielded landmark appellate court decisions, including:
2018 – Landmark verdict of $117 Million for a 45 year old victim of mesothelioma from exposure to asbestos in Johnson’s Baby Powder. A three month trial resulted in a compensatory damages verdict of $37 Million and punitive damages verdicts of $55 Million and $25 Million against Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. and Imerys Talc America respectively.
2014 – Default judgments of over $90 Million for victims of mesothelioma from exposure to asbestos supplied to the Johns-Manville Plant in Manville, New Jersey, by two foreign companies known as Eternit. Eleven plaintiffs and their families either worked at the Johns-Manville Plant or lived in Manville, New Jersey, where it would “snow” asbestos in the summer time. After a week-long hearing, the Court awarded the families of these 11 mesothelioma victims compensation for the pain and suffering from the mesothelioma caused by their exposure to Eternit’s asbestos.
2009 – Successfully prevented asbestos brake parts manufacturers from compelling the autopsy of a mesothelioma victim against the wishes and religious beliefs of the decedent and his family.
2008 – Tried and then successfully defended on appeal a record setting $40+ Million judgment on behalf of the family of an advertising executive whose mesothelioma was caused by asbestos exposure in a college summer job at an auto parts warehouse.
2007 – Tried and then successfully defended on appeal a $10+ Million judgment against Exxon/Mobil in a landmark case that affirmed the dual persona doctrine for a peritoneal mesothelioma victim of take-home asbestos exposure.
2006 – Researched, developed and tried the first successful mesothelioma case holding the largest supplier of industrial talc liable for the wrongful death of a former potter.
In addition to his work supervising the firm’s pharmaceutical cases, Moshe shares the responsibility for the coordination of the firm’s commercial litigation cases and their trials, and in 2007 obtained a $7 Million verdict (including a $5 Million punitive damage award) in a Breach of Fiduciary Duty case against a prominent NYC law firm. He currently heads the firm’s ERISA class action section.
Moshe joined the firm while still a student at Brooklyn Law School where he earned a degree in 1986. He has lectured on the standards for the admissibility of scientific evidence into court as well as effective trial techniques and strategies.
Moshe is a member of the Bar in the Federal and State courts of New York, New Jersey, and Washington.
- New Jersey Personal Injury Lawyers Win $1.6M Asbestos Verdict on Appeal
- New Jersey Mesothelioma Attorneys Win $7.5M Asbestos Verdict
- New Jersey Mesothelioma Lawyers Win $90.5 M in Wrongful Death Verdicts
- NJ Mesothelioma Lawyers Win Landmark $1.6M Verdict in Talc Cancer Case
- NJ Federal Judge Keeps Mesothelioma Lawsuit in State Court Rejecting Bi-State Defendant’s Efforts to Move Case to Federal Court
- The AXA Group Mutual Funds Shareholders File Derivative & Class Action for Excessive & Unreasonable Investment Management Fees
- DOL Files Amicus Brief with US Court of Appeals on Behalf of LK Clients in Shareholder Derivative & Class Action Suit
- US Citizens Living Abroad Can Bring Mesothelioma Lawsuits in New Jersey State Courts
- Class Action Attorneys Filed Lawsuit on Behalf of Divorced ERISA Retirement Plan Participants
- The Hartford Group Mutual Funds Shareholders File Derivative Action for Excessive Service Fees
- New Jersey Judge Orders Paint Manufacturer to Produce Asbestos-Related Documents in Mesothelioma Lawsuit Brought by Former Employee
- NJ Court Rejects Attempts by Asbestos Company to Apply NY Law with Respect to Damages in Mesothelioma Lawsuit
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma Compensation Verdict of $7.5 Million Awarded to Woman Whose Mesothelioma Was Caused By Laundering Her Husband’s Work Clothes
- LK’s Mesothelioma Lawyers Obtain New Jersey’s Largest Asbestos Compensation Verdict Totaling $30.3 Million
- Commercial Litigation Attorneys Win $7 Million in a Breach of Fiduciary Duty Lawsuit
- Second Hand Asbestos Exposure from Car Brakes Caused New Jersey Woman’s Fatal Mesothelioma
- Nation’s First Mesothelioma Compensation Verdict of $3.35 Million in Talc Asbestos Cancer Lawsuit
- New Jersey’s Largest Mesothelioma Compensation Verdict of $10 Million Awarded to Heating Oil Serviceman