Medical Device Manufacturer Fraud
Medical device manufacturers have been found guilty of perpetrating fraud against the Federal and State Government costing tax-payers billions of dollars each year.
Common types of medical device manufacturer fraud include:
- Marketing medical devices that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration;
- Promoting surgical procedures by using a manufacturer’s device(s) when less invasive alternatives are appropriate;
- Advising hospitals to up-code surgical procedures to inflate Medicare reimbursement;
- Paying kickbacks to health care providers to use their devices;
- Charging a Government entity at a higher rate than commercial customers;
- Selling medical devices that are defective or the manufacturer has reason to believe they are defective.
Without the information provided by whistleblowers filing a qui tam claim under the federal and state false claims act, medical device manufacturer fraud would go undetected by the government.
If you have any first hand knowledge, information or evidence related to acts of fraud perpetrated against the federal, state, or city government, please contact the whistleblower lawyers at Levy Konigsberg LLP for a free and confidential consultation by calling our 24/7 hotline at (800) 315-3806, or by submitting an email inquiry.
Our attorneys have the dedication and resources it takes to successfully prosecute a Qui Tam case. We can protect your rights, fight fraud and obtain the compensation you deserve.
This information is for educational purposes. It is not offered as and does not constitute legal advice or legal opinions. You should not act or rely upon this information without seeking the advice of an attorney.
IMPORTANT: If you believe you have evidence of fraud against the government, securities fraud, commodities fraud or IRS or New York State tax fraud, contact us for a free, confidential consultation by calling our 24/7 hotline at (800) 315-3806, or by submitting an email inquiry.
- 2017 False Claims Act Year in Review: Government Recovers $3.7 Billion
- Do You Work For A Motor Vehicle Manufacturer, Supplier, Or Dealership And Came Across Safety Violations Your Employer Is Trying To Keep Hidden? Don’t Let Them Get Away With It, Call Now!
- 2016 False Claims Act Year in Review: Whistleblowers Collect $519 Million
- New Study Confirms Importance of Whistleblowers in Preventing Corporate Fraud
- Where was the Wells Fargo Whistleblower? Part II.
- Fiscal Year 2016 Record Year for SEC Whistleblowers - $57 Million Awarded to Whistleblowers!
- SEC Investigating Wells Fargo Fraudulent Practices
- Whistleblower First! SEC Rewards Whistleblower $3.75 Million For Reporting Violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Did Your Employer Actually Qualify For That Government Set-Aside It Received? Did Your Competition Win A Contract It Didn’t Deserve?
- Hiding Wealth Offshore To Avoid Paying Taxes Is Illegal And IRS Will Reward Those Who Blow The Whistle On Anyone That Tries
- Aware of Banks and Mortgage Lenders Defrauding the Government Through FHA or VA Insured Loans? Don’t “Short” The Market, Contact Us!
- U.S. Education Department Creates New Unit to Investigate Student Aid Fraud
- The False Claims Act Year in Review: Whistleblowers Collect a Record $597 Million
- False Claims Act Update: Top Recoveries & Enforcement Trends from 2014
- Whistleblower Attorneys Recover $1M in Medicare Fraud Case
- Qui Tam Attorney Discusses the DOE’s Final Gainful Employment Rules
- Career Education Corporation Agrees to $10.5 Million Settlement Over Inflated Employment Rates
- Pharmaceutical Company to Pay $40.1 M to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- Qui Tam Lawsuit Involving Healthcare Fraud Intervened by US Government
- Medicare Fraud Responsible for $23 Million Paid to the Dead in 2011?
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Know the DifferenceCommitted to Doing What's Right
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
Thousands of Clients HelpedHear What They Have to Say
Professional, responsive and very good at their jobs.- Lisa Ross
They have truly gone above and beyond.- Anne Fahey
I put my Faith and Trust into Corey Stern!- Dennis McGowan
With this team on my side we came out on top.- Angie Garrido
Very happy with our settlement.- Lori Rosa
Wow is all I can say.- Carol N.
Their dedication to receive the highest results for their clients was amazing.- Emily DeRogatis
Such a great team!- Kevin Kober
We definitely got the right law firm!- Mark Wells
Levy Konigsberg continued to help my family fight for the justice my father deserves.- Stephanie Vitale
Do You Work For A Motor Vehicle Manufacturer, Supplier, Or Dealership And Came Across Safety Violations Your Employer Is Trying To Keep Hidden? Don’t Let Them Get Away With It, Call Now!View Article
- Whistleblower / Qui Tam
2016 False Claims Act Year in Review: Whistleblowers Collect $519 MillionView Article
- Whistleblower / Qui Tam
New Study Confirms Importance of Whistleblowers in Preventing Corporate FraudView Article
- Whistleblower / Qui Tam