The size of mesothelioma compensation recovered in an asbestos claim or lawsuit depends on a number of factors, including the medical evidence confirming the claimant’s mesothelioma diagnosis, the severity of the injuries, past and future losses, age, the strength of the identification of the asbestos products that the victim was exposed to, the companies that manufactured, sold, installed and/or possessed these products, and their financial resources, including insurance coverage. At the same time, many mesothelioma compensation amounts are very significant and may be enough to pay for the mesothelioma victim’s health care expenses and to provide financial security to the surviving family members.
In the course of our law firm’s 25-year-plus history, our mesothelioma lawyers have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in asbestos and mesothelioma compensation for our clients.
Often in groundbreaking cases against the toughest defendants, our mesothelioma law firm has obtained landmark asbestos and mesothelioma jury verdicts for exposures to welding rods, cable, asbestos gaskets and packing, commercial talc, and industrial equipment, including the first ever jury verdicts against welding rod, cable, and commercial talc manufacturers.
Levy Konigsberg LLP is frequently referenced by the legal press for our association with the largest and landmark asbestos and mesothelioma compensation verdicts in virtually every category, including various jurisdictions, types of asbestos products involved, and forms of asbestos exposure.
Below we provide a list of some of the largest verdicts and settlements obtained by our mesothelioma lawyers on behalf of our mesothelioma, asbestos lung cancer, and asbestosis clients.
Under the law of most states, pain and suffering from mesothelioma may be compensated through the award of money damages, usually obtained with the help of experienced mesothelioma attorneys. In some states other types of damages may also be recovered.
Asbestos litigation affords mesothelioma victims the opportunity to receive financial compensation and hold accountable the companies that caused their asbestos exposure.
- Preserve your rights to bring a legal action against the responsible parties within the limited time frame allowed by law, known as statute of limitations;
- Obtain maximum compensation in your case by being able to:
- Preserve evidence and establish facts of the asbestos exposure while the claimant is still alive and able to provide information;
- File and resolve a lawsuit against the responsible parties before they file for bankruptcy or, if they already have, to obtain compensation before their bankruptcy trust funds run out of money;
- Expedite your case, as courts tend to give higher priority to mesothelioma lawsuits where the claimant is still alive.