MINNESOTA: Mesothelioma Lawyers Help Asbestos Victims in MN
MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota – Mesothelioma lawyers from the national asbestos litigation firm of Levy Konigsberg LLP (“LK”) are continuing to help Minnesota mesothelioma patients and families obtain legal compensation from companies who manufactured, sold or used asbestos-containing products.
Each year thousands of men and women are diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease such as mesothelioma, lung cancer, or asbestosis as a result of their unnecessary exposure to asbestos and asbestos-containing products.
Due to the presence of numerous industrial employers throughout Minnesota, powerhouse workers, insulators, steel workers, plumbers, laborers, electricians, pipefitters, chemical operators, machinist, boilermakers, engineers and many other trades were routinely exposed to asbestos on a daily basis at their places of employment.
Minnesota Power Plants
Between the 1930’s and 1970’s, as many as twenty-six power plants were established throughout Minnesota. The generation of power in MN required the use of large, high-temperature equipment. Boilers, furnaces, turbines, cooling towers and ovens were installed, maintained and repaired at these power plants. This equipment required large amounts of asbestos-containing products to properly function. Other products, including pumps, valves, motors, wire, cable, heaters, air conditioning units, gaskets, packing, chillers, and steam traps were necessary to allow the powerhouses to properly function. Individuals working at these Minnesota power plants were exposed to high levels of asbestos dust from their work with or around these products.
Manufacturing Industry in Minnesota
Minnesota’s industry between the 1930’s and 1980’s included manufacturers and producers of farming equipment, paper, foundry materials, automotive accessories, beverages, oil products, petroleum, construction materials, cleaning chemicals, industrial chemicals, and other everyday consumer products.
Individuals in Minnesota employed at these worksites performed the backbreaking work necessary to make these companies successful without knowledge of the serious health hazards created by exposure to asbestos at these worksites. Mesothelioma lawyers at LK have the expertise necessary to carefully analyze your work history to identify the unique asbestos exposures that were present at your previous places of employment.
Individual Case Review
In MN, and across the country, many people also developed mesothelioma from non-occupational asbestos exposures, such as automotive work, home renovations and other hobbies, or from “second-hand asbestos exposure,” which occurred when work clothes contaminated with asbestos were worn home. An experienced LK attorney will assist your family in determining all possible sources of your exposure to asbestos dust.
Minnesota worksites where asbestos exposure was common include:
Figure 1. Map of the most common asbestos exposure sites in the State of Minnesota.
- 3M (MN)
- A.H. Bennett Company (Moorhead, MN)
- Allis Chalmers Manufacturing Company (Hibbing, MN)
- Anderson Corporation (Bayport, MN)
- Anheuser Busch (Moorhead, MN)
- Aurora Steam Electric Plant (Aurora, MN)
- Becker Sherco Power Plant (Becker, MN)
- Bethlehem Steel (Aurora, MN)
- Big Stone Lake Plant (Fergus Falls, MN)
- Blackdog Powerhouse (Minneapolis, MN)
- Blandin Paper Company (Grand Rapids, MN)
- Boise Cascade Paper Mill (Hoyt Lakes, MN)
- Carley Foundry (Blaine, MN)
- Clay Boswell Power Station (Cohasset, MN)
- Conoco Oil Refinery (Wrenshall, MN)
- Conwed Plant (MN)
- Cyprus North Shore Mining (Silver Bay, MN)
- Diamond Match (Cloquet, MN)
- Dow Chemical Company (Aurora, MN)
- Erie Mining Company (Aurora, MN)
- Fargo-Moorhead Insulation Company (Moorhead, MN)
- Flament-Hampshire, Inc. Grand Rapids, MN)
- Garlock Sealing Technologies (MN)
- General Electric (MN)
- Great River Energy Cooperative (Elk River, MN)
- Great Northern Oil Company (Pine Bend, MN)
- Hanna Mining Company (MN)
- Hoot Lake Plant (Fergus Falls, MN)
- International Oil Refineries (Wrenshall, MN)
- Interstate Power Company (Albert Lea, MN)
- Itasca Paper Company (Grand Rapids, MN)
- J&L Steel (Hoyt Lakes, MN)
- Jones and Laughlin Corporation (MN)
- King Power Plant (Bayport, MN)
- Koch Oil (Pine Bend, MN)
- Koch Petroleum (Rosemont, MN)
- Koehler Autobody (Winona, MN)
- Kraft Foods (New Ulm, MN)
- LTV Steel Mining Company (Hoyt Lakes, MN)
- Marathon Petroleum (St. Paul Park, MN)
- Minnesota and Ontario Power Company (International Falls, MN)
- Minnesota Power & Light (Aurora, MN)
- M.L. Hibbard Steam Plant (Duluth, MN)
- Monticello Nuclear Plant (Monticello, MN)
- Municipal Power Station (Winona, MN)
- Northern States Power Company (Minneapolis, MN)
- Ottertail Power Company (Fergus Falls, MN)
- Owens-Illinois (MN)
- Pine Bend Ammonia (Hastings, MN)
- Prairie Island Nuclear Generating Plant (Welch, MN)
- Rapid American (MN)
- Reserve Mining Company (MN)
- Rogers Brocon Iron Company (Hibbing, MN)
- Smeads Plant (Hastings, MN)
- St. Regis Paper Company (Sartell, MN)
- Trussbilt (New Brighton, MN)
- University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN)
- USG Interiors (Cloquet, MN)
- U.S. Steel (MN)
- Waldorff Paper Company (St. Paul, MN)
- Watab Pulp and Paper Company (Sartell, MN)
- Western Mining (Grand Rapids, MN)
- Wrenshall Refinery (Wrenshall, MN)
- W.R. Grace (MN)
- Xcel Energy (Burnsville, MN)
If you or your loved one are a Minnesota resident or were exposed to asbestos in Minnesota, and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, please call (800) 315-3806 or submit an email inquiry on this website to receive a FREE consultation with LK mesothelioma lawyers.
ATTENTION: Mesothelioma has no known cure and often causes severe pain, suffering,
and other types of damage, such as loss of consortium, and loss of income.
Additionally, due to the exceedingly high cost of mesothelioma treatments,
many families exhaust savings and accumulate financial debt in order to
pay for the medical expenses of their family member.
Under the law of most states, pain and suffering from mesothelioma may be compensated through the award of money damages, usually obtained with the help of experienced mesothelioma attorneys. In some states other types of damages may also be recovered.
Asbestos litigation affords mesothelioma victims the opportunity to receive financial compensation and hold accountable the companies that caused their asbestos exposure.
IMPORTANT: If you or your family member has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you should get in touch with a mesothelioma lawyer as early as possible to determine if you have a mesothelioma case and to:
- Preserve your rights to bring a legal action against the responsible parties within the limited time frame allowed by law, known as statute of limitations;
Obtain maximum compensation in your case by being able to:
- Preserve evidence and establish facts of the asbestos exposure while the claimant is still alive and able to provide information;
- File and resolve a lawsuit against the responsible parties before they file for bankruptcy or, if they already have, to obtain compensation before their bankruptcy trust funds run out of money;
- Expedite your case, as courts tend to give higher priority to mesothelioma lawsuits where the claimant is still alive.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline at (800) 315-3806 or submit an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
NOTE: While our offices are located in the states of New York, New Jersey, and Georgia, many of our mesothelioma lawyers are licensed to practice law in a number of U.S. states and have the capability and extensive experience of representing mesothelioma clients throughout the United States. You are encouraged to contact us with any questions.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
Professional, responsive and very good at their jobs.- Lisa Ross
They have truly gone above and beyond.- Anne Fahey
I put my Faith and Trust into Corey Stern!- Dennis McGowan
With this team on my side we came out on top.- Angie Garrido
Very happy with our settlement.- Lori Rosa
Wow is all I can say.- Carol N.
Their dedication to receive the highest results for their clients was amazing.- Emily DeRogatis
Such a great team!- Kevin Kober
We definitely got the right law firm!- Mark Wells
Levy Konigsberg continued to help my family fight for the justice my father deserves.- Stephanie Vitale