Missouri Mesothelioma Lawyers
Nationally Recognized Asbestos Litigation Firm
Levy Konigsberg is a nationally recognized asbestos litigation practice that fights for victims and families who’ve suffered losses due to asbestos exposure.
Led by Jerome H. Block, a Missouri-licensed attorney and St. Louis native, our litigation team vigorously advocates for the legal rights of Missouri mesothelioma patients and family members. We’ve cultivated a reputation for taking on some of the country’s toughest claims and for securing record results and landmark rulings that have changes lives and laws related to the litigation of asbestos claims.
Now, we’re fighting for asbestos victims across Missouri by helping them seek justice from companies who manufactured, sold or used asbestos-containing products.
Why Trust Levy Konigsberg?
- We have recovered over $3 billion in compensation for our clients.
- We’ve prevailed in complex claims against global product manufacturers, leading insurance companies, and some of the world’s most powerful entities.
- We’re known for our work litigating asbestos exposure and mesothelioma cases, and have secured precedent-setting victories for clients, communities, and public health.
If you or someone you love were diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, please call (800) 315-3806 or contact us online to speak with a Missouri mesothelioma attorney. Consultations are FREE and confidential.
Asbestos Exposure in Missouri
Each year, numerous Missouri residents are diagnosed with mesothelioma, an aggressive asbestos cancer. Some data from the Missouri Department and Health and Senior Services and CDC:
- Approximately 50 people are diagnosed with mesothelioma each year in Missouri. Many more may be diagnosed with chronic health conditions connected to asbestos exposure.
- Missouri was the state with the 17th most deaths from mesothelioma in the nation, according to a 1999 CDC study.
Common Asbestos Exposure Sites in Missouri
Missouri residents have been exposed to asbestos at industrial facilities, shipyards, mechanic shops, auto assembly plants, oil refineries, and power plants, among other sites.
Many of these asbestos exposure sites are located in and around the two largest cities in Missouri – St. Louis and Kansas City. However, the asbestos problem in Missouri was not limited to urban areas. Many asbestos exposure sites were in rural areas, particularly manufacturing facilities.
In Missouri, and across the country, many people also developed mesothelioma from non-occupational asbestos exposures, such as automotive work and home renovations, or from “second-hand asbestos exposure,” which occurred when work clothes contaminated with asbestos were worn home.
Jerome H. Block, a mesothelioma lawyer, who began his career with the largest law firm in Missouri and now, as an LK partner, represents clients in New York and nationwide, has been selected among The Best Lawyers in America for his work on mesothelioma cancer cases.
Mr. Block shares a map showing a few of the many jobsites in Missouri at which asbestos exposure may have occurred:
St. Louis Area Sites
- General Motors Truck Assembly Plant (Wentzville, MO);
- Chrysler Corp. Assembly Plant (Fenton, MO);
- Ford Motor Co., St. Louis Assembly Plant (Hazelwood, MO);
- Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (St. Louis, MO);
- Zonolite/W. R. Grace Processing Plant (1705 Sulphur Avenue, St. Louis, MO);
- St. Louis Shipbuilding & Steel Co. (East Davis Street, St. Louis, MO);
- Anheuser-Busch Brewery (1 Busch Place, St. Louis, MO);
- Union Electric Company, Ashley Street Plant (St. Louis, MO).
Kansas City Area Sites
- Kansas City Power & Light, Hawthorn Station (Kansas City, MO);
- Armco Steel Plant (Kansas City, MO);
- General Motors, Leeds Assembly Plant (Kansas City, MO);
- Ford Motor Co Kansas City Assembly Plant (Claycomo, MO);
- Standard Oil Refinery (Sugar Creek, MO).
Asbestos Sites in Other Areas
- DuPont Plant (Carl Junction, MO);
- Fort Leonard Wood (Pulaski County, MO);
- Ruberoid / GAF Plant (Annapolis, MO);
- Pittsburgh Plate Glass Factory (Crystal City, MO).
If you or your loved one are a Missouri resident or were exposed to asbestos in Missouri, and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, please call (800) 315-3806 for a FREE consultation with an experienced Missouri mesothelioma lawyer at Levy Konigsberg.
About Mesothelioma & Your Right to Compensation
Mesothelioma has no known cure and often causes severe pain, suffering, and other types of losses, such as loss of consortium and loss of income. Additionally, due to the exceedingly high cost of mesothelioma treatments, many families exhaust savings and accumulate financial debt in order to pay for the medical expenses of their family member.
In most states, victims of asbestos exposure have the right to pursue legal action and a financial recovery of their damages from various liable entities, including employers, asbestos manufacturers, and suppliers.
At Levy Konigsberg, our attorneys help families evaluate their eligibility for filing civil claims and provide the representation needed to pursue the financial recovery they deserve. This includes compensation for:
- Lost income and future wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional injuries
- Past and future medical expenses
- Other economic and non-economic losses
IMPORTANT: If you or your family member has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you should get in touch with a mesothelioma lawyer as early as possible to determine if you have a mesothelioma case and to:
Preserve your rights to bring a legal action against the responsible parties
within the limited time frame allowed by law, known as statute of limitations;
- Obtain maximum compensation in your case by being able to:
- Preserve evidence and establish facts of the asbestos exposure while the claimant is still alive and able to provide information;
- File and resolve a lawsuit against the responsible parties before they file for bankruptcy or, if they already have, to obtain compensation before their bankruptcy trust funds run out of money;
- Expedite your case, as courts tend to give higher priority to mesothelioma lawsuits where the claimant is still alive.
Our Record of Success in Asbestos Litigation
Levy Konigsberg has cultivated a record of success litigating complex and high-profile asbestos and mesothelioma cases, and has secured hundreds of millions in compensation for clients. Some of our victories include:
- $750 million punitive damages verdict against J&J in four peritoneal mesothelioma cases consolidated for trial in New Jersey. Obtained with co-counsel, the verdict concerned mesothelioma resulting from talc-product asbestos exposure.
- $325 million jury verdict, including $300 million in punitive damages, over a woman’s mesothelioma caused by exposure to asbestos in J&J talc products.
- $47.15 million for four individuals suffering from mesothelioma in a consolidated trial in New York Federal Court, Southern District.
- $37.3 million verdict in four peritoneal mesothelioma cases consolidated for trial in New Jersey over exposure to asbestos from J&J’s talc products.
- $30.3 million for the family of a New Jersey man who died of mesothelioma.
- $22 million verdict in a consolidated trial in New York State Supreme Court on behalf of an individual suffering from mesothelioma and an individual who died from mesothelioma.
- $18.5 million verdict in a consolidated trial on behalf of 32 plaintiffs who had developed a variety of asbestos-related diseases, including asbestos lung cancer, asbestosis, colon cancer, and mesothelioma, after being exposed to asbestos while working at the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
View more of our case results here.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Know the DifferenceCommitted to Doing What's Right
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
Thousands of Clients HelpedHear What They Have to Say
Professional, responsive and very good at their jobs.- Lisa Ross
They have truly gone above and beyond.- Anne Fahey
I put my Faith and Trust into Corey Stern!- Dennis McGowan
With this team on my side we came out on top.- Angie Garrido
Very happy with our settlement.- Lori Rosa
Wow is all I can say.- Carol N.
Their dedication to receive the highest results for their clients was amazing.- Emily DeRogatis
Such a great team!- Kevin Kober
We definitely got the right law firm!- Mark Wells
Levy Konigsberg continued to help my family fight for the justice my father deserves.- Stephanie Vitale
Johnson & Johnson Will Stop Selling Talc Baby Powder Around the WorldView Article
- Class Actions,
- Cancer Cases,
- Firm News
Asbestos and Talcum Powder: How Are They Related?View Article
Levy Konigsberg Lands Historic Win for New Jersey Mesothelioma PlaintiffsView Article
- Firm News