New Jersey Lead Poisoning
The lead poisoning law firm of Levy Konigsberg LLP is taking on landlords in New Jersey who fail to maintain lead safe housing for families with young children. A lead safe home is one that is free of defective, peeling, or cracking lead-based paint. When a home is not lead safe, tenants are at risk of lead poisoning. Children under the age of seven are especially vulnerable because when lead-based paint deteriorates chips and dust from the paint collect on the floor where young children crawl and play.
Although childhood lead poisoning has been in the news in recent month primarily because of the Flint Water Crisis, New Jersey actually has eleven cities with a higher proportion of children with elevated blood-lead levels than Flint. However, unlike the tragedy in Flint, which was caused by professional missteps in the transition from one water source to another, the vast majority of lead poisoning cases in New Jersey come from cracking, peeling, and defective lead-based paint in older homes that are poorly maintained by neglectful and irresponsible landlords.
Lead-based paint was banned for use in homes throughout the United States in 1978. New Jersey law makes it the landlord’s responsibility to ensure that a home is safe and habitable for tenants. Landlords who own multiple dwelling homes built before 1978 must respond promptly to tenant complaints of cracking, peeling, or deteriorating paint. When such a hazard is found, landlords must pay to have that deteriorated paint repaired, either removing all the old layers of lead-based paint or applying a fresh coat of new paint over the deteriorated layers. When landlords fail in their duty and a tenant gets injured, they are liable for the harm caused by their inaction.
The lead poisoning lawyers at Levy Konigsberg LLP have years of experience advocating on behalf of lead poisoned children. With offices in New York and New Jersey, our attorneys have the resources to pursue irresponsible and neglectful landlords throughout the state and ensure your child gets the financial compensation he or she deserves. The lead poisoning attorneys have won over $100 million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of lead poisoned children, and are leaders in lead poisoning litigation throughout the country.
If your children have been lead poisoned, give them the representation they deserve. Call one of the experienced lead poisoning lawyers at Levy Konigsberg LLP today, or contact our firm using the form on the right.
LEAD POISONING NEWS
- Federal Court Awards $626 Million to Victims of the Flint Lead Water Crisis
- Levy Konigsberg Sues the City of Jackson on Behalf of 600 Lead-Poisoned Children
- Levy Konigsberg Announces $600 Million Settlement for Victims of Flint Water Crisis
- Michigan Federal Court Rules EPA Must Defend Lawsuit in the Flint Water Crisis
- Lead-Contaminated Dust Poses Major Health Hazard to New York Tenants
- Federal Judge Allows Class Action to Proceed Against Embattled Mayor Bill de Blasio and New York City Housing Authority
- Lead Poisoning Victim to Sue Portsmouth Redevelopment and Housing Authority
- Ninth Circuit Court Demands EPA Issue Updated Rules on Lead Poisoning
- Alexander County Housing Authority Failed to Protect Residents from Lead Poisoning
- Flint Lawyers Take on NYCHA for Lead Paint Violations
- Areas of Portland, Oregon Found With High Levels of Lead in Drinking Water
- One-Third of High Risk Children Untested for Lead Poisoning in California
- Levy Konigsberg Appointed Lead Counsel in Flint Water Litigation
- LK Attorney Comments on Lead Crisis in East Chicago, Indiana
- Levy Konigsberg Wins Legal Ruling in Flint Lead Poisoning Cases
- LK Files Third Wave of Lawsuits in Flint Michigan, Case Filings Now Total 75 Lead-Poisoned Children
- Levy Konigsberg Files Flint Lawsuits for More Than 20 Lead-Poisoned Children
- Levy Konigsberg Lead Poisoning Attorney Attends Flint, Michigan Town Hall
- Levy Konigsberg Attorney Comments on Flint Michigan Water Crisis Involving Lead
- Levy Konigsberg LLP Obtains Two Separate Lead Poisoning Awards in New Jersey
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Know the DifferenceCommitted to Doing What's Right
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
Thousands of Clients HelpedHear What They Have to Say
Professional, responsive and very good at their jobs.- Lisa Ross
They have truly gone above and beyond.- Anne Fahey
I put my Faith and Trust into Corey Stern!- Dennis McGowan
With this team on my side we came out on top.- Angie Garrido
Very happy with our settlement.- Lori Rosa
Wow is all I can say.- Carol N.
Their dedication to receive the highest results for their clients was amazing.- Emily DeRogatis
Such a great team!- Kevin Kober
We definitely got the right law firm!- Mark Wells
Levy Konigsberg continued to help my family fight for the justice my father deserves.- Stephanie Vitale
Illinois Attorney General Finds Catholic Church Vastly Underreported Clergy AbuseView Article
- Sexual Abuse
Levy Konigsberg Files 10 Taconic Sex Abuse Claims On Behalf of SurvivorsView Article
- Sexual Abuse
Jerome Block Featured on CNN Investigation into J&J Powder Cancer ClaimsView Article
- Firm News,
- Social Media,
- Asbestos Litigation