Pharmaceutical liability lawyers
Protecting Consumers Rights Against Defective Drugs and Medical Devices
Our pharmaceutical lawyers at Levy Konigsberg represent victims and their injuries against many of the nation’s largest companies who market and manufacture defective drugs and medical devices. If you or any member of your family have been seriously injured as a result of a dangerous drug or defective medical device, and have suffered from adverse effects, you may be entitled to compensation.
Pharmaceutical manufacturers do not always know that their products may trigger serious side effects and fatalities. Regrettably, sometimes they are aware that their drugs may elicit adverse reactions, but fail to disclose such information or remove their product from the market in a timely manner. Drug and medical device manufacturers have a duty to provide warnings about dangerous side effects of their products and not sell or market products that are unreasonably dangerous and defective.
What are the 3 Types of Drug-Related Product Liability Claims?
- Drugs that were manufactured incorrectly. Usually, these claims arise when the drug has been improperly manufactured or contaminated during production. There could be a variety of causes of this, including incorrect labeling on the bottle, adding the wrong ingredient to the pill during manufacturing, or something going wrong during the shipping process.
- Medications that have dangerous side effects. Claims for serious injury or illness may be filed when a drug has caused serious side effects. In many cases, a victim claims that the company knew about the side effects and failed to disclose them properly. Many of these cases involve long-established drugs. As time passes, it may become apparent that the drug has serious side effects.
- Falsely marketed pharmaceutical drugs. Those who have been harmed by a bad drug may file a claim if they believe that the pharmaceutical company failed to provide accurate directions or adequate warnings about how the drug should be used. This can range from not disclosing information about side effects to embellishing what the drug can do. It is often referred to as a "bad advice" claim, meaning that the drug manufacturer, the pharmacist, or even the doctor failed to provide proper instructions regarding the use of the drug.
Why Choose Levy Konigsberg for Your Pharmaceutical Liability Case?
Pharmaceutical law firm Levy Konigsberg LLP has won complex litigation verdicts with large settlements. Our team is innovative and aggressive. We offer experienced representation for medical drug & device victims and their families. Here are a few reasons to choose our experienced pharmaceutical lawyers:
- Levy Konigsberg has obtained over $3 billion dollars in settlements for its clients over the past four decades. Because of its reputation and proven track-record in taking cases to trial, the firm is often able to convince companies to settle cases before trial under terms favorable to the firm’s clients.
- Our dangerous drug law firm and practice is national in scope, with offices located in New York, New Jersey, and Georgia. Levy Konigsberg LLP is currently accepting dangerous drug and device injury cases in all 50 states.
- The firm’s track record and performance has earned Levy Konigsberg numerous awards. In 2013, the firm was named the Plaintiff Product Liability Law Firm of the Year by U.S. News & World Report. In 2015, the firm was one of only fifty firms in the United States to be named to the “Elite Trial Lawyer” list by The National Law Journal.
- Many of the firm’s lawyers have been individually recognized on the list of “Best Lawyers in America” and “SuperLawyers”. The firm’s lawyers combine a dedication to learning the relevant science with litigation and trial skills built by years of experience. The firm’s staff is compassionate and strives to meet all of the firms’ clients individual needs.
- Cases involving drug or medical device injury are handled on a contingent fee basis, which means that our law firm does not get paid any attorney’s fees, unless we are successful in recovering money for you.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced pharmaceutical attorneys at (800) 315-3806 or submit an email inquiry. Our pharma lawyers will be quick to respond and happy to answer all of your questions.
VERDICT IN FOUR MESOTHELIOMA CASES $750 Million
FLINT WATER CRISIS SETTLEMENT $626 Million
LARGEST MESOTHELIOMA VERDICT IN U.S. HISTORY $325 Million
This case is currently awaiting final review on appeal.
LANDMARK MESOTHELIOMA CASE $117 Million
Landmark Mesothelioma Case $117 Million
Stephen and Kendra Lanzo v. Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc. and Imerys Talc America, Inc.
Mesothelioma Case $90.5 Million
Johns Manville I
Whistleblower & Qui Tam Case $70 Million
USA ex rel Dr. Gabriel Feldman vs. The City of New York
Mesothelioma Case $47.2 Million
Consorti, Luchnick, Pulizzi, Tabolt
Menthol Cigarettes Case $43.1 Million
Joanna M. Summerlin, Individually and as Executor of the Estate of Louis E. Summerlin
Mesothelioma Case $37.3 Million
Douglas Barden et al. v. Johnson & Johnson (“J&J) and Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc. (“JJCI”)
Mesothelioma Case $30.3 Million
Susan Buttitta v. Asbestos Corp., et al.
Mesothelioma Case $23 Million
City of Baltimore v. U.S. Gypsum et al.
Mesothelioma Case $22 Million
Mesothelioma Case $19.5 Million
Matteson, Lustenring v. AC & S, Inc., et al.
Mesothelioma Case $18.5 Million
New York Brooklyn Navy Yard Consolidated Asbestos Litigation
Mesothelioma Case $18.2 Million
Ronsini, Cardinal, Hoz
Mesothelioma Case $18.2 Million
Gantcher, White, Venturno, Dollas, Mangialomini
Toxic Chemical Exposure $18.2 Million
Ayers v. Township of Jackson
Mesothelioma Case $16.5 Million
Florence Nemeth v. Whittaker Clark & Daniels, et al.
Mesothelioma Case $14.3 Million
New York Consolidated Powerhouse Asbestos Litigation