The IRS Whistleblower Program
What is the IRS Whistleblower Program?
If you have evidence of Federal Tax Fraud, you could be eligible for a reward under the Internal Revenue Service’s (“IRS”) Whistleblower Program. The IRS Whistleblower Program rewards whistleblowers who provide evidence of Tax Fraud up to 30% of the total recovery.
How can I be eligible for a reward under the IRS Whistleblower Program?
In order to be eligible for a reward under the 7623(b) program, the evidence must show that individuals or corporations have a tax liability of $2 million or more.
How is the IRS Whistleblower Program different than the False Claims Act?
The IRS Whistleblower Program is different than other whistleblower programs. Unlike cases brought under the False Claims Act:
- While Whistleblowers may not submit their evidence anonymously to the IRS, working with an attorney will help assure that the identity of the whistleblower will remain confidential to the rest of the world;
- Whistleblowers disclose their information directly to the IRS, not by filing a Complaint in Federal Court;
- The Tax Liability must be at least $2,000,000; and
- Whistleblowers have the right to appeal to the Tax Court.
How well does IRS Whistleblower Program work?
Between 2011 and June, 2015, the IRS collected $1.039 billion and rewarded $261 million to whistleblowers under this program.
Is the IRS Whistleblower Program the only way to blow the whistle on Tax Fraud?
The IRS Whistleblower Program is not the only program to blow the whistle on Tax Fraud. The New York State False Claims Act allows an individual to file a New York State False Claims Act case against individuals or corporations having a net income or sales of more than $ 1 million annually and have defrauded the State of New York of more than $350,000.
What can I do to stop Tax Fraud?
If you have knowledge and proof of Tax Fraud violations, then give us a call today for a free consultation and case review with an experienced whistleblower attorney.
This information is for educational purposes. It is not offered as and does not constitute legal advice or legal opinions. You should not act or rely upon this information without seeking the advice of an attorney.
- 2017 False Claims Act Year in Review: Government Recovers $3.7 Billion
- Do You Work For A Motor Vehicle Manufacturer, Supplier, Or Dealership And Came Across Safety Violations Your Employer Is Trying To Keep Hidden? Don’t Let Them Get Away With It, Call Now!
- 2016 False Claims Act Year in Review: Whistleblowers Collect $519 Million
- New Study Confirms Importance of Whistleblowers in Preventing Corporate Fraud
- Where was the Wells Fargo Whistleblower? Part II.
- Fiscal Year 2016 Record Year for SEC Whistleblowers - $57 Million Awarded to Whistleblowers!
- SEC Investigating Wells Fargo Fraudulent Practices
- Whistleblower First! SEC Rewards Whistleblower $3.75 Million For Reporting Violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Did Your Employer Actually Qualify For That Government Set-Aside It Received? Did Your Competition Win A Contract It Didn’t Deserve?
- Hiding Wealth Offshore To Avoid Paying Taxes Is Illegal And IRS Will Reward Those Who Blow The Whistle On Anyone That Tries
- Aware of Banks and Mortgage Lenders Defrauding the Government Through FHA or VA Insured Loans? Don’t “Short” The Market, Contact Us!
- U.S. Education Department Creates New Unit to Investigate Student Aid Fraud
- The False Claims Act Year in Review: Whistleblowers Collect a Record $597 Million
- False Claims Act Update: Top Recoveries & Enforcement Trends from 2014
- Whistleblower Attorneys Recover $1M in Medicare Fraud Case
- Qui Tam Attorney Discusses the DOE’s Final Gainful Employment Rules
- Career Education Corporation Agrees to $10.5 Million Settlement Over Inflated Employment Rates
- Pharmaceutical Company to Pay $40.1 M to Settle Whistleblower Lawsuit
- Qui Tam Lawsuit Involving Healthcare Fraud Intervened by US Government
- Medicare Fraud Responsible for $23 Million Paid to the Dead in 2011?
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced mesothelioma lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
They truly made a difference in our lives!- Jonathan McNulty
Outstanding law firm!- R.M.
No need to look any further.- Todd Allen
They were the clear choice!- Bruce Totterdale
Forever grateful!- Diane Hoefer
The best and brightest!- Paulette
Simply incredible!- IBS LMM
Knowledgeable guidance and representation.- Steven Simon
They are good people who want to help you.- Edwin Jimenez
They won us a lot of money.- Karen