Tylenol Autism Lawsuit Attorneys
Lawyers Investigating Tylenol’s Link to Autism
Emerging studies have convincingly linked Tylenol use while pregnant to a higher risk of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in newborn children. Parents across the country are now looking into how to take legal action against Tylenol for the potentially life-changing harm it caused their children.
Did you take Tylenol while pregnant and your child was diagnosed with ASD or ADHD, possibly many years later? If there is a connection, then you could have a chance to file a claim against Tylenol or join a larger class action lawsuit against the Big Pharma company. Levy Konigsberg is currently investigating the situation and offering our legal counsel to parents throughout the United States.
Reasons to pick Levy Konigsberg for your Tylenol autism lawsuit include:
- We have nearly 40 years of legal experience.
- We have been featured in national media like The Wall Street Journal and USA Today.
- We have secured numerous settlements and verdicts in excess of $100 million.
- We have fought huge corporations like Johnson & Johnson and won.
Contact Levy Konigsberg online or dial (800) 315-3806 to speak to our team about Tylenol autism lawsuits.
Research Links Tylenol to Autism
Tylenol has been adamant that its product does not cause autism and ADHD in newborn children. However, several respected research groups have found scientific evidence that suggests otherwise.
Important studies that have linked autism to Tylenol include:
- American Journal of Epidemiology: In 2018, more than 130,000 pairs of mothers and children were observed. Certain pairs were known to include a mother who took Tylenol or acetaminophen at least several times while pregnant. The researchers were able to see a 30% increase in autism spectrum disorder diagnoses in these pairs compared to others.
- John Hopkins: In 2019, John Hopkins researchers studied 20 years of data from the Boston Birth Cohort. The data highlighted umbilical cord blood acetaminophen levels. Using this information, the researchers were able to conclude that a high acetaminophen blood level present at a child’s birth could be linked to a 300% increase in ASD diagnosis likeliness.
- Nature Reviews Endocrinology: In 2021, dozens of medical researchers agreed to release a group statement that warned of Tylenol’s link to ASD and ADHD when used by pregnant mothers. The connection was too strong in previous studies and data for the group to stay silent.
At this time, it is advised that pregnant mothers talk to their doctors about Tylenol alternatives if they are taking the painkiller due to prescription or recommendation. You should not discontinue the use of a prescribed medication without first talking to your medical provider.
Lawsuits Form Against Tylenol
Due to the link between Tylenol and autism in newborns, lawsuits have already started to form against the Big Pharma company and others that have manufactured acetaminophen. Multidistrict litigation (MDL) has been formed to consolidate the potentially thousands of lawsuits into a more manageable system and will be transferred to New York. In its order, the U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation combined 65 lawsuits into a single proceeding, despite objections from the defendants. As of February 16, 2023, the number of acetaminophen lawsuits filed in the MDL in New York increased to 107 cases. At Levy Konigsberg, we are available to help Tylenol autism lawsuit clients across the country. We can see if you can file an individual claim or contribute to MDL efforts.
Tylenol Autism Lawsuit Eligibility
You might be eligible to file a Tylenol autism lawsuit if:
- You used Tylenol several times or more while pregnant.
- You used Tylenol during your second or third trimester.
- You did not use alcohol, tobacco, or narcotics while pregnant.
- Your child was born without a neurological-related birth injury.
- Your child was not born prematurely.
- Your child was later diagnosed with ASD or ADHD.
- Your child has never been diagnosed with a severe neurological disorder.
Get Answers from Levy Konigsberg Today
Don’t miss your chance to join the effort to hold Tylenol accountable for potentially causing countless cases of autism in children throughout the U.S. Call (800) 315-3806 to connect with the nationwide Tylenol autism lawsuit attorneys of Levy Konigsberg. Together, we can change the world for good.
Initial consultations are free, so please schedule one now.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Know the DifferenceCommitted to Doing What's Right
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
Thousands of Clients HelpedHear What They Have to Say
Professional, responsive and very good at their jobs.- Lisa Ross
They have truly gone above and beyond.- Anne Fahey
I put my Faith and Trust into Corey Stern!- Dennis McGowan
With this team on my side we came out on top.- Angie Garrido
Very happy with our settlement.- Lori Rosa
Wow is all I can say.- Carol N.
Their dedication to receive the highest results for their clients was amazing.- Emily DeRogatis
Such a great team!- Kevin Kober
We definitely got the right law firm!- Mark Wells
Levy Konigsberg continued to help my family fight for the justice my father deserves.- Stephanie Vitale
LK Civil Rights Attorney Quoted in Police Custody Death Case ArticleView Article
- Firm News
“A Chance for Justice: Life After Abuse in Prison” Documentary Features Attorney Anna KullView Article
- Firm News
Washington Child Sex Abuse Law Would Eliminate Statute of LimitationsView Article
- Sexual Abuse