Upstate New York Asbestos Job Sites
Levy Konigsberg has successfully represented victims of mesothelioma throughout Upstate New York, including all areas north of New York City including the Hudson Valley, the Capital District, the North Country, the Syracuse area and Western New York encompassing the Rochester and Buffalo areas.
Our Upstate New York mesothelioma lawyers have recovered over $100 million for victims of mesothelioma for those living in Upstate New York and/or who were exposed to asbestos in the area. We have written this page as a resource for Upstate New York mesothelioma victims who may be looking for information regarding job sites where they were exposed to asbestos.
Here, we describe some examples of the types of job sites where asbestos exposures occurred in Upstate New York, as well as a list of some of the job sites where asbestos was used.
- Paper Mills – Asbestos exposures frequently occurred at numerous paper mills in Upstate New York, including in locations such as Ticonderoga, Glens Falls, Niagara Falls. Major paper companies such as International Paper, Kimberly Clark and Finch Pryn & Co., in past decades used asbestos and asbestos-containing materials in many aspects of their manufacturing processes. Numerous people have developed mesothelioma and lung cancer as a result of working in paper plants in Upstate New York.
- Talc Mines – Upstate New York is the home of several talc mines, particularly in Gouverneur. The talc mined by R.T. Vanderbilt and Gouverneur talc was contaminated with asbestos. The asbestos in the talc caused exposures to those working in the talc mine and talc mill, as well as family members of these workers. Workers who used this talc in manufacturing facilities and in other ways (including pottery) were also exposed to asbestos. In 2015, an Upstate New York jury awarded over 10 million to a man who developed mesothelioma in a ceramic facility from his exposure to Vanderbilt talc.
- Manufacturing Plants – Asbestos exposures regularly occurred in past decades at large manufacturing plants in Upstate New York. Many people have developed mesothelioma and lung cancer from asbestos exposures that took place at General Electric’s large manufacturing headquarters in Schenectady, New York. Many other workers were commonly exposed to asbestos and developed asbestos-related illnesses from working at other plants including the Reynolds Metals and Alcoa aluminum plants in Massena, and the Eastman Kodak plant in Rochester.
- Power Plants – Large amounts of asbestos were used in the construction and ongoing operation of major power plants in Upstate New York, including Niagara Mohawk, the Albany Steam Station, and AES power plants. Large boilers and turbines were built during the construction of these power plants. This large equipment, as well as pumps, valves and piping systems utilized asbestos as insulation and sealing materials. Workers were exposed to asbestos when dust was created during the installation or removal of these asbestos materials.
Map View of Various Upstate New York Asbestos JobsitesSome of the job sites in Upstate New York where asbestos exposure is known to have occurred, include the following:
- International Paper Mill – Ticonderoga, NY
- Finch Pryn Paper Mill – Glens Falls, NY
- Hollingsworth & Vose Mill – Greenwich, NY
- International Paper – Hudson River Mill – Corinth, NY
- General Electric Silicones – Waterford, NY
- General Electric – Schenectady, NY
- Albany Steam Station – Bethlehem, NY
- Allied Chemical – Solvay, NY
- Anitec Image – Binghamton, NY
- Bendix – Green Island, NY
- Crouse-Hinds – Syracuse, NY
- Garlock – Palmyra, NY
- IBM – Oswego, NY
- IBM – Endicott, NY
- Hooker Chemical – Niagara Falls, NY
- Ginna Nuclear Power Plant – Ontario, NY
- General Motors – Massena, NY
- Alcoa – Massena, NY
- Reynolds Metals – Massena, NY
- General Electric – Syracuse, NY
- Foster Wheeler – Dansville, NY
- St. Regis Paper Mill – Deferiet, NY
- Fort Drum – Fort Drum, NY
- Eastman Kodak– Rochester, NY
- Crucible Steel – Solvay, NY
- Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory – Niskayuna, NY
- International Paper Mill – South Glens Falls, NY
- Spaulding Fibre – Tonawanda, NY
- Manning Paper Mill – Troy, NY
- Dunkirk Generating Station – Dunkirk, NY
- Kintigh Generating Station – Somerset, NY
- Huntley Generating Station – Tonawanda, NY
- Westover Power Station – Johnson City, NY
- James A. Fitzpatrick Nuclear Power Plant – Oswego, NY
- Nine Mile Point Nuclear Generating Station – Oswego, NY
- AES Hickling Generation Plant – Corning, NY
- AES Greenidge Generation Plant – Dresden, NY
- AES Jennison Generation Plant – Bainbridge, NY
- Milliken Power Station – Lansing, NY
- C.R. Huntley Generating Station – Tonawanda, NY
- Beebee Station – Rochester, NY
- Russell Station – Rochester, NY
- Beech-Nut Packing Company – Canajoharie, NY
- Binghamton General Hospital – Binghamton, NY
- Carbola Chemical – Diana, NY
- Clark Minerals – Diana, NY
- Channel Master – Ellenville, NY
- Cluett Peabody & Company – Waterford, NY
- Cornell University – Ithaca, NY
- Dresser-Rand – Wellsville, NY
- New York State Electric & Gas – Binghamton, NY
- General Electric – Brockport, NY
- General Electric – Buffalo, NY
- General Electric – Syracuse, NY
- Knowlton Specialty Papers – Watertown, NY
- Mercy Hospital – Buffalo, NY
- Mohawk Container – New Hartford, NY
- New York Air Brake – Watertown, NY
- Oberdorfer Foundry – Syracuse, NY
- R.T. Vanderbilt – Gouverneur, NY
- Gouverneur Talc Company – Gouverneur, NY
- International Talc – Talcville, NY
- Revere Copper – Rome, NY
- Samuel A. Carlson Generating Station – Jamestown, NY
- Saratoga Hospital – Saratoga, NY
- St. Joseph’s Hospital – Syracuse, NY
- VA Hospital – Albany, NY
- VAW of America – Ellenville, NY
- Hydro Aluminum – Ellenville, NY
- Westvaco Mill – Mechanicville, NY
- Ford Plant – Green Island, NY
- Union Carbide – Niagara Falls, NY
- Georgia Pacific – Akron, NY
- Ameron Corp – Buffalo, NY
- Kimberly Clark – Niagara Falls, NY
- Blandy Paper Mill – Greenwich, NY
- Syracuse Heat Treating – Syracuse, NY
- Elmira Heat Treating – Elmira, NY
- Super Heat Treating – Syracuse, NY
- General Heat Treating – Syracuse, NY
- Special Metals Corporation – New Hartford, NY
- Fairbanks Valve – Binghamton, NY
- Carrier Corporation – Syracuse, NY
- Diamond National – Watertown, NY
- Watervliet Arsenal – Watervliet, NY
- Corning Glass – Painted Post, NY
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, contact our Upstate New York mesothelioma lawyers. We have obtained the largest jury verdicts in the history of Upstate New York including a 7.7 million dollar and 5 million dollar jury verdict in Syracuse and a 10.55 million verdict in the Albany/Schenectady area.
- New Jersey Mesothelioma Lawyer Helps Obtain Ruling on Equipment Liability
- Levy Konigsberg Teams With Mesothelioma Clients to Help Get Talc Out Of Baby Powder
- J&J Removes Talc from Baby Powder - How Does This Affect the Mesothelioma Lawsuits?
- Levy Konigsberg Wins Landmark Appeal in Asbestos-Containing Talcum Powder Case
- Levy Konigsberg Co-Counsel In $750 million Baby Powder Punitive Damages Verdict Against J&J
- Levy Konigsberg Co-Counsel In $37 million Baby Powder Verdict Against J&J
- LK Wins $325 Million Mesothelioma Verdict Against Johnson & Johnson for Asbestos in Baby Powder (This case is currently awaiting final review on appeal)
- Boston Jury Awards $43.1 Million Verdict in Cigarette Smoking-Asbestos Exposure Lung Cancer Trial
- LK's Historic $117 Million Verdict in Johnson & Johnson's Baby Powder Mesothelioma Trial
- LK Wins Ruling Allowing Mesothelioma Ship Worker’s Case To Proceed in New York
- Levy Konigsberg Wins Ruling in Mesothelioma & Asbestos Brake Case
- LK Mesothelioma Department - Highlights and Lessons Learned in 2017
- A Letter of Gratitude To Our Dear Veterans
- LK Wins $16.5 Million Verdict In New York’s First Cosmetic Talc Trial Involving A Woman With Peritoneal Mesothelioma
- LK Wins Mesothelioma Ruling for Navy Serviceman and Family
- Mesothelioma Law Firm Collects $7.98 Million for Power Plant Worker
- Kayaking for Mesothelioma: Reflections on a Father-Son Trip
- Levy Konigsberg Wins Motion on Behalf of U.S.S. Roan Navy Veteran Who Developed Mesothelioma in New York
- New York City Judge Rules that Asbestos Lung Cancer Case Can Proceed to Trial – Levy Konigsberg, LLP Successfully Argues Defendant Waived their Right to Cross-Examine
- Levy Konigsberg Wins $7 Million Mesothelioma Verdict in NY’s First Ever Asbestos Contaminated Consumer Talcum Powder Trial
For more information about the law firm's practice areas please contact Levy Konigsberg LLP at (800) 315-3806, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Know the DifferenceCommitted to Doing What's Right
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
Thousands of Clients HelpedHear What They Have to Say
Professional, responsive and very good at their jobs.- Lisa Ross
They have truly gone above and beyond.- Anne Fahey
I put my Faith and Trust into Corey Stern!- Dennis McGowan
With this team on my side we came out on top.- Angie Garrido
Very happy with our settlement.- Lori Rosa
Wow is all I can say.- Carol N.
Their dedication to receive the highest results for their clients was amazing.- Emily DeRogatis
Such a great team!- Kevin Kober
We definitely got the right law firm!- Mark Wells
Levy Konigsberg continued to help my family fight for the justice my father deserves.- Stephanie Vitale
Johnson & Johnson Will Stop Selling Talc Baby Powder Around the WorldView Article
- Class Actions,
- Cancer Cases,
- Firm News
Asbestos and Talcum Powder: How Are They Related?View Article
Levy Konigsberg Lands Historic Win for New Jersey Mesothelioma PlaintiffsView Article
- Firm News