Dr. Derrick Todd Sex Abuse Lawsuits
Fighting for Survivors Sexually Abused by Massachusetts Rheumatologist Dr. Todd
Levy Konigsberg is reviewing claims from former patients who were sexually abused by Massachusetts Rheumatologist Dr. Derrick Todd.
Todd, a former rheumatologist who practiced at Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital and other areas across Massachusetts, is facing multiple investigations over allegations that he sexually abused patients by performing unnecessary pelvic and breast exams. Now, a growing number of women are stepping forward to file civil lawsuits against Brigham and Women’s Hospital and other hospitals and physician groups that employed Todd over their failures to adequately supervise and protect patients.
Levy Konigsberg is known nationally for litigating sexual abuse claims against powerful institutions and has extensive experience fighting for survivors who were abused by physicians. If you have questions about a sexual abuse lawsuit involving Dr. Derrick Todd, we want to help.
Call (800) 315-3806 or contact us onlinefor a FREE and confidential consultation.
Dr. Todd’s History of Sexual Abuse
Dr. Derrick Todd was a prominent rheumatologist who treated patients from throughout Massachusetts from Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital in Boston, where he was Chief of Clinical Rheumatology, and other medical practices. In addition to treating conditions autoimmune disorders as a rheumatologist, he was also an internist who worked as a primary care doctor.
Dr. Todd is known to have practiced at:
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital in Boston (July 2009 – July 2023)
- Charles River Medical Associates in Framingham (August 2010 – July 2023)
- Lahe Hospital and Medical Center in Burlington (July 2006 – June 2009)
- Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston (July 2003 – June 2005)
While the scope of Todd’s misconduct is still unknown, the former doctor has been subject to independent, regulatory, and criminal investigations and allegations from over 100 victims. These allegations and investigations have all focused on Todd’s inappropriate conduct with patients, including his performance of medically unnecessary breast, pelvic, and rectal exams.
Here are some additional details about the investigations and lawsuits surrounding Dr. Todd.
- In June 2023, Brigham and Women’s Hospital placed Todd on administrative leave following complaints from two other physicians who expressed concerns about Todd’s repeated breast and pelvic examinations. Todd resigned voluntarily after the hospital moved to terminate him at the end of July.
- In September 2023, Todd signed a voluntary agreement with the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine to surrender his license and stop practicing medicine after the medical board was notified of his departure from Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
- In September 2023, the first of what would become several lawsuits was filed against Todd, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and the Charles River Medical Associates in Framingham.
- As of October 2023, Todd was the subject of four separate lawsuits, including two class-action lawsuits, filed on behalf of more than 100 plaintiffs who allege that Todd performed medically unnecessary breast, pelvic, and rectal exams for his own sexual gratification. Plaintiffs also claims that following the sexualized exams, which sometimes lasted for 45 minutes or longer, Todd would ask inappropriate and personal questions about his patients’ sex lives. The lawsuits also accuse Brigham and Women’s Hospital and other physician groups where Todd practiced of failing to competently supervise Todd and protect patients.
Survivors of Dr. Derrick Todd’s Sexual Abuse Can Seek Justice & Compensation Via Civil Claims
Dr. Derrick Todd is currently under criminal investigation by the Suffolk County DA and Boston Police Department.
And while those criminal matters may develop into criminal charges and potential penalties for Todd, they will not address issues of liability nor provide survivors with any meaningful compensation. Instead, survivors will need to pursue justice and a financial recovery of their damages by filing civil lawsuits.
Fortunately, Massachusetts law allows victims of sexual abuse to file civil lawsuits against abusers and any liable institutions. This may include Brigham and Women’s Faulker Hospital, Charles River Medical Associates, and other physician groups or hospitals that employed Todd.
Do I Have a Case?
You may have grounds to file a civil claim if:
- You were a patient who was sexually abused by Dr. Derrick Todd.
- The abuse occurred while Dr. Todd was practicing at Brigham and Women’s Faulker Hospital in Boston, Charles River Medical Associates in Framingham, or any other medical center or institution.
Levy Konigsberg is actively investigating potential claims from victims who were sexually abused by Dr. Derrick Todd and can help explore your options for taking legal action during a confidential consultation. Our attorneys can also assist in evaluating the statute of limitations, or legal deadline, that applies to your case. While adults generally have significantly less time than children to file sexual abuse lawsuits, survivors may still be able to file lawsuits by enlisting the help of experienced counsel as soon as possible.
Levy Konigsberg: Leading the Fight for Sex Abuse Survivors
Levy Konigsberg is an award-winning trial practice with a history of helping child and adult sexual abuse survivors seek justice through the civil court system.
Our attorneys have represented survivors in cases against powerful institutions, large corporations, and physicians, hospitals, and medical programs – and have recovered over $3 billion in compensation for clients. This includes tens of millions of dollars recovered for survivors who were sexually abused as minors by NY physician Dr. Reginald Archibald, and millions more for sexual abuse survivors.
Now, we’re leveraging our experience and resources to help survivors abused by Dr. Derrick Todd take the next steps in their fight for justice.
If you have questions about filing a lawsuit over sexual abuse committed by Dr. Derrick Todd, please call (800) 315-3806 or contact us online. Consultations are free and confidential.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
Professional, responsive and very good at their jobs.- Lisa Ross
They have truly gone above and beyond.- Anne Fahey
I put my Faith and Trust into Corey Stern!- Dennis McGowan
With this team on my side we came out on top.- Angie Garrido
Very happy with our settlement.- Lori Rosa
Wow is all I can say.- Carol N.
Their dedication to receive the highest results for their clients was amazing.- Emily DeRogatis
Such a great team!- Kevin Kober
We definitely got the right law firm!- Mark Wells
Levy Konigsberg continued to help my family fight for the justice my father deserves.- Stephanie Vitale