Connecticut Sexual Abuse Attorneys
Civil Sexual Abuse Lawsuits in Connecticut
If you or someone you love are a victim of sexual abuse, you may have grounds to pursue a civil lawsuit and financial recovery of your damages.
At Levy Konigsberg, we’ve earned national recognition fighting for survivors who were sexually abused as minors and adults. We’ve taken on powerful entities, represented numerous victims, and have secured meaningful results that helped provide the justice and compensation our clients deserved.
If you are exploring your legal options for seeking justice, our Connecticut sexual abuse lawyers want to help. We offer FREE and confidential consultations and serve clients across the country. Call (800) 315-3806 or contact us online to speak with a lawyer.
Why Choose Levy Konigsberg?
- Proven Results. Levy Konigsberg has recovered over $3 billion in compensation for clients nationwide in complex and high-stakes claims.
- Sexual Abuse Litigation Leaders. Our firm has been a leader in litigating sexual abuse cases against abusers and the entities that failed to protect survivors.
- A Firm with Firepower. Our renowned trial attorneys have prevailed in complex cases against some of world’s largest corporations, product manufacturers, and institutions.
Nationwide Leaders in Sex Abuse Litigation
Levy Konigsberg has cultivated a reputation of success representing sexual abuse survivors in civil lawsuits. Unlike criminal cases against alleged abusers, the civil sexual abuse lawsuits we handle focus on recovering justice and compensation for victims, while also holding both abusers and the negligent institutions, entities, and employers who failed to stop the abuse accountable.
Some of our recent work and coverage in this field:
- In November 2022, our firm filed lawsuits on behalf of numerous former female inmates who were sexually abused by prison staff at the Bayview Correctional Facility. The recently filed Bayview sex abuse lawsuits were brought under the NY Adult Survivors Act, which creates a temporary one-year lookback window for victims abused as adults to file claims, regardless of when their abuse occurred.
- In September 2022, the NY Daily News published a cover story that featured Partner Anna Kull, who leads our firm’s sexual abuse litigation practice, and our firm’s work preparing claims for former female inmates abused at the Bayview Correctional Facility.
- Thanks to groundbreaking laws that provide new opportunities for adult survivors to file claims, our firm represents a growing number of former female inmates abused at jails and prisons across New York and California. This includes clients who were abused while they were incarcerated at Rosie’s on Riker’s Island, Bayview Correctional Facility, Albion Correctional Facility, Lakeview Shock, and MCC New York, as well as Dublin FCI, Valley State Prison for Women (VSPW), Central California Women’s Facility (CCWF), and other facilities in California.
- Our firm represents a growing number of plaintiffs in litigation against estate of Reginald Archibald, Rockefeller University Hospital, and the Madison Square Boys and Girls Club over years of child sex abuse committed by the now deceased pediatric endocrinologist.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Sexual Abuse Lawsuits in Connecticut?
Connecticut has been a leader in revising the civil statute of limitations – or the deadline by which Plaintiffs must file suit to be eligible for a recovery of damages – in cases involving sexual abuse.
The statute of limitations for bringing a sexual abuse lawsuit in Connecticut will depend on the specific facts of a case, including the age of the victim and even the criminal guilt of the alleged abuser.
- Claims involving convicted abusers. Thanks to an amendment made effective in 2022, Connecticut has no statute of limitations for civil actions brought against alleged abusers who have been convicted of 1st degree sexual assault or 1st degree aggravated sexual assault. (Connecticut General Statutes Chapter 926 § 52-577e).
- Abuse claims involving victims 21 or younger. In Connecticut, victims who were sexually abused under 21 years of age can file civil claims within 30 years from the date they turn 21. This means child sexual abuse survivors and survivors abused between the ages of 18 and 20 have until the age of 51 to file civil lawsuits. (Connecticut General Statutes Chapter 926 § 52-577d).
- Abuse claims involving adult victims. Connecticut does not have a specific statute of limitations for sexual abuse lawsuits filed by victims who were abused or assaulted as adults. Instead, adult survivors are subject to the statute of limitations applicable to torts like personal injury. In Connecticut, this is three years from the date of the alleged abuse (Connecticut General Statutes Chapter 926 § 52-577).
Determining how the statute of limitations works can be challenging. If you have questions about your ability to file a lawsuit for sexual abuse or assault in Connecticut, our team is available to help. We can discuss your rights and options after reviewing the facts of your case and encourage you to reach out to our team as soon as possible.
Discuss Your Legal Options During a FREE Consultation
Levy Konigsberg is a top-rated trial firm with a national reach. Our Connecticut sexual abuse lawyers proudly serve survivors across the state and beyond. We value our client’s privacy and offer free and confidential consultations. We also handle cases on contingency, which means there’s no cost to hire our firm and no fee unless we win.
Speak with an attorney during a FREE consultation by calling (800) 315-3806 or contacting us online.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Know the DifferenceCommitted to Doing What's Right
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
Thousands of Clients HelpedHear What They Have to Say
Professional, responsive and very good at their jobs.- Lisa Ross
They have truly gone above and beyond.- Anne Fahey
I put my Faith and Trust into Corey Stern!- Dennis McGowan
With this team on my side we came out on top.- Angie Garrido
Very happy with our settlement.- Lori Rosa
Wow is all I can say.- Carol N.
Their dedication to receive the highest results for their clients was amazing.- Emily DeRogatis
Such a great team!- Kevin Kober
We definitely got the right law firm!- Mark Wells
Levy Konigsberg continued to help my family fight for the justice my father deserves.- Stephanie Vitale