Atlanta Mesothelioma Lawyers
Seeking Compensation on Behalf of Individuals Exposed to Asbestos in Atlanta, GA
Levy Konigsberg has been helping victims of asbestos exposure and their families for nearly four decades. We have won landmark asbestos exposure cases in Georgia and throughout the United States, and we have recovered billions of dollars for our clients.
Our Atlanta mesothelioma lawyers have the experience, resources, and knowledge to help you win the compensation you deserve. We have the skills and expertise to take on any company that is responsible for your asbestos exposure.
Call (800) 315-3806 or contact us online today to schedule a free consultation.
What is Mesothelioma?
Mesothelioma is a rare and aggressive form of cancer that is caused by exposure to asbestos. The disease affects the lining of the lungs, abdomen, and heart, and it is almost always fatal. Mesothelioma has a long latency period, which means that it can take 20 to 50 years for symptoms to develop after exposure to asbestos.
There is no cure for mesothelioma, but early detection and treatment can help improve a patient’s prognosis. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you should seek medical treatment as soon as possible. You should also contact an experienced Atlanta mesothelioma lawyer to discuss your legal rights.
What is Asbestos?
Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral that was used in thousands of products throughout the 20th century. The mineral is highly resistant to heat, fire, and chemicals, and it is also an excellent insulator. As a result, asbestos was used in a wide range of products, including insulation, fireproofing materials, cement, and textiles.
Asbestos is made up of tiny fibers that can be easily inhaled or swallowed. Once inside the body, these fibers can become lodged in the lining of the lungs, abdomen, or heart. Over time, these fibers can cause inflammation and scarring, which can lead to the development of mesothelioma or other asbestos-related diseases.
Asbestos was widely used in the construction, shipbuilding, and automotive industries, as well as in the military. As a result, many workers in these industries were exposed to asbestos on a regular basis. In addition, many workers brought asbestos fibers home on their clothing, which put their family members at risk of developing mesothelioma or other asbestos-related diseases.
Asbestos was also used in many consumer products, including talcum powder, baby powder, and cosmetics. As a result, many people who used these products were exposed to asbestos and are now at risk of developing mesothelioma or other asbestos-related diseases.
What are the Symptoms of Mesothelioma?
The symptoms of mesothelioma can vary depending on the type of mesothelioma and the stage of the disease. In the early stages of the disease, there may be no symptoms. As the disease progresses, symptoms may include:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Unexplained weight loss
- Difficulty swallowing
- Swelling of the face and arms
- Coughing up blood
- Abdominal pain and swelling
- Bowel obstruction
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should see a doctor as soon as possible. You should also contact an experienced Atlanta mesothelioma lawyer to discuss your legal rights.
How is Mesothelioma Diagnosed?
Mesothelioma is often difficult to diagnose because the symptoms of the disease are similar to those of other, less serious conditions. In addition, the disease has a long latency period, which means that it can take 20 to 50 years for symptoms to develop after exposure to asbestos.
If your doctor suspects that you have mesothelioma, he or she will likely order a number of tests to confirm the diagnosis. These tests may include:
- Imaging tests: Imaging tests, such as X-rays, CT scans, and PET scans, can help your doctor see if there are any abnormalities in your lungs or other organs.
- Biopsy: A biopsy is a procedure in which a small piece of tissue is removed from your body and examined under a microscope. This can help your doctor determine if you have mesothelioma and, if so, what type of mesothelioma you have.
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you should contact an experienced Atlanta mesothelioma lawyer to discuss your legal rights.
How is Mesothelioma Treated?
There is no cure for mesothelioma, but there are a number of treatment options that can help improve a patient’s prognosis. The treatment options that are available to you will depend on the stage of your disease, the location of the tumor, and your overall health.
Treatment options for mesothelioma may include:
- Surgery: Surgery may be an option if the tumor is localized and has not spread to other parts of the body. The goal of surgery is to remove as much of the tumor as possible. In some cases, the entire lung or other organ may need to be removed.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy uses high-energy X-rays to kill cancer cells. It may be used before surgery to shrink the tumor or after surgery to kill any remaining cancer cells.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy uses drugs to kill cancer cells. It may be used before surgery to shrink the tumor or after surgery to kill any remaining cancer cells. Chemotherapy may also be used to relieve symptoms and improve a patient’s quality of life.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy uses drugs to help a patient’s immune system fight cancer. It may be used alone or in combination with other treatments.
- Targeted therapy: Targeted therapy uses drugs to target specific genes or proteins that are involved in the growth of cancer cells. It may be used alone or in combination with other treatments.
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you should seek medical treatment as soon as possible. You should also contact an experienced Atlanta mesothelioma lawyer to discuss your legal rights.
Who is Liable for Asbestos Exposure?
In Georgia, as in many other states, liability for asbestos exposure and mesothelioma can extend to various parties depending on the circumstances of the exposure. Mesothelioma is a type of cancer that is primarily linked to asbestos exposure, and individuals who develop this disease often seek legal recourse to hold responsible parties accountable.
Here are some of the parties that can potentially be held liable for asbestos exposure and mesothelioma in Georgia:
- Manufacturers and Suppliers: Companies that manufactured or supplied asbestos-containing products can be held liable if their products were a source of exposure. This includes manufacturers of construction materials, insulation, automotive parts, and various industrial products that contained asbestos.
- Employers: Employers who exposed their employees to asbestos without providing adequate safety measures, protective gear, or training may be held liable. This can include both private companies and government entities.
- Property Owners and Landlords: Property owners or landlords who fail to properly address asbestos-containing materials in their buildings, leading to tenant exposure, can be held accountable.
- Contractors and Construction Companies: Companies involved in construction or renovation projects that disturb asbestos-containing materials and fail to take proper precautions may be liable for exposing workers or residents to asbestos.
- Manufacturers of Respiratory Protection Equipment: If the equipment used to protect workers from asbestos exposure is defective or inadequate, the manufacturer of such equipment may be liable.
- Asbestos Trust Funds: Many companies that manufactured asbestos-containing products have filed for bankruptcy and established asbestos trust funds to compensate victims. Claimants can file lawsuits against these trust funds to seek compensation for their injuries.
- Third Parties: In some cases, individuals who were not directly involved in the asbestos exposure but were indirectly affected by it (e.g., family members of asbestos workers who were exposed to asbestos fibers carried home on clothing) may also seek compensation from liable parties.
How Can an Atlanta Mesothelioma Lawyer Help Me?
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to compensation. An experienced Atlanta mesothelioma lawyer can help you determine if you have a case and, if so, how much your case may be worth.
Levy Kongisberg has the experience, resources, and knowledge to help you win the compensation you deserve. We have won cases against some of the largest companies in the world, and we have the skills and expertise to take on any company that is responsible for your asbestos exposure.
Our team will thoroughly review your case and help you understand your legal rights. We will also help you file a lawsuit and guide you through the legal process. We will handle all aspects of your case so that you can focus on your health and your family.
Our Atlanta mesothelioma lawyers can help you understand your legal rights and fight to win the compensation you deserve.
Contact our Atlanta mesothelioma lawyers today to schedule a free consultation.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
Professional, responsive and very good at their jobs.- Lisa Ross
They have truly gone above and beyond.- Anne Fahey
I put my Faith and Trust into Corey Stern!- Dennis McGowan
With this team on my side we came out on top.- Angie Garrido
Very happy with our settlement.- Lori Rosa
Wow is all I can say.- Carol N.
Their dedication to receive the highest results for their clients was amazing.- Emily DeRogatis
Such a great team!- Kevin Kober
We definitely got the right law firm!- Mark Wells
Levy Konigsberg continued to help my family fight for the justice my father deserves.- Stephanie Vitale