New York City Asbestos Jobsites
With over 30 years of experience in successfully representing New York mesothelioma victims and others exposed to asbestos, the mesothelioma lawyers at Levy Konigsberg have vast knowledge and documentation about exposures to asbestos at jobsites in the New York City area.
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma and were exposed to asbestos in New York, the New York City mesothelioma lawyers at Levy Konigsberg can use the firm’s vast resources and databases to uncover evidence about your asbestos exposures.
This page is a resource for New York mesothelioma victims and those who developed mesothelioma after exposure to asbestos in New York and now live in other states. On this page, we discuss some examples of work environments where asbestos exposure occurred and we provide a list of New York asbestos job sites:
- New York Shipyards – In the World War II era, New York City shipyards built a large number of Navy ships in addition to commercial maritime vessels. The largest and most well-known shipyard was the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Workers from a variety of trades including but not limited to insulators, boilermakers, pipefitters, shipfitters, machinists, architects, and carpenters were exposed to asbestos while building and repairing ships at the Brooklyn Navy Yard. The asbestos exposure at the Brooklyn Navy Yard was widespread and throughout many decades has resulted in hundreds of people being diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- New York Power Plants – The New York City area is powered by numerous power stations, also called powerhouses, that historically were constructed and maintained with large amounts of asbestos. The largest power company in New York City is Consolidated Edison (“Con Ed”). Large Con Ed powerhouses, such as the Astoria and Arthur Kill powerhouses, were jobsites where major exposures to asbestos occurred during the initial construction and subsequent maintenance activities including shutdowns. The largest power company on Long Island was the Long Island Lighting Company (“LILCO”). The LILCO power plants, such as Northport, were similar to the Con Ed power plants, and were powered by “units” consisting of boilers that were many stories tall.
- Large New York City Buildings – The workmen who built the New York City skyline were unfortunately exposed to large amounts of asbestos used during these large scale construction projects. Asbestos was widespread from the spraying of insulation and the work with asbestos-containing products and equipment. Some of the most well-known buildings in New York City including the MetLife Building and the World Trade Center, and even the major New York City airports, used large amounts of asbestos during the construction.
Map View of Various New York City Asbestos Jobsites
The New York City mesothelioma lawyers at Levy Konigsberg have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for mesothelioma victims exposed to asbestos in New York. The firm is able to file cases in the New York City Asbestos Litigation even if the mesothelioma victim does not live there now.
In fact, as long as there is some significant exposure to asbestos in New York City, even for a brief period of time, a mesothelioma victim can have his or her case filed in New York City.
Some of the many New York City asbestos exposure job sites in which Levy Konigsberg has litigated cases are listed below:
- Hell Gate Power Plant (Con Ed) 912-954 E 134th St. – Bronx, NY
- Bronx General Hospital 1225 Gerard Ave. – Bronx, NY 10452
- Charles Pfizer Plant 11 Bartlett Street. – Brooklyn, NY 11206
- Co-Op City 2049 Bartow Ave. – Bronx, NY 10475
- Consolidated Shipyard 500 MacCracken Ave. – Bronx, NY 10453
- National Gypsum Oak Point Ave & Barry St. – Bronx, New York 10474
- Brooklyn Navy Yard 15 Washington Ave. – Brooklyn, NY
- Todd Shipyard 1 Beard St. – Brooklyn, NY
- Kings County Hospital 451 Clarkson Ave. – New York, NY
- Atlantic Basin Ironworks Atlantic Basin – Brooklyn, NY
- Bush Terminal Co. 241 37th St. – Brooklyn, NY
- Domino Sugar 316 Kent Ave. – Brooklyn, NY
- Brooklyn Union Gas Co. 180 Remsen Street – Brooklyn, NY
- World Trade Center World Trade Center – New York, NY
- Grand Centeral Terminal 87 E 42nd St. – New York, NY 10017
- Macy’s Building 151 W 34th St. – New York, NY
- East River Generating Station (Con Ed) 801 E 14th St. – New York, NY 10009
- Waterside Generating Plant (Con Ed) 666 1st Ave. – New York, NY 10016
- 59th Street Powerhouse (Con Ed) 840 12th Ave. – New York, NY 10019
- 55 Water Street 55 Water Street – Manhattan, NY
- Chase Plaza 1 Chase Manhattan Plaza – Manhattan, New York, NY
- Bellevue Hospital 462 1st Ave. – New York, NY
- MetLife Building 200 Park Ave. – New York, NY
- United Nations Building 870 United Nations Plaza – New York, NY
- LaGuardia Airport LaGuardia Airport – Flushing, NY
- Ravenswood Powerhouse (Con Ed) 37-20 37th Ave. – Queens, NY 11101
- World’s Fair Unisphere – Corona, NY 11368
- John F. Kenedy Airport – John F Kennedy Airport, NY 11430
- Astoria Powerhouse (Con Ed) 18-01 20th Ave. – Queens, NY 11105
- Long Island Railroad, Richmond Hill 125-02 89th Ave. – Richmond Hill, New York 11418
- Procter & Gamble Port Ivory. – Staten Island, NY 10303
- Kentile Floors 58 2nd Ave. – Brooklyn, NY 11215
- Bethlehem Steel Shipyard Mariners Harbor. – Staten Island, NY
- Arthur Kill Powerhouse (Con Ed) 4435 Victory Blvd. – Staten Island, NY 10314
- Staten Island Hospital 1150 Forest Hill Rd. – Staten Island, NY
- Seaview Hospital 460 Brielle Ave. – New York, NY
- 74th Street Power Station (Con Ed) 506 E 75th St. – New York, NY
- Sherman Creek Generating Station (Con Ed) 201st St & 9th Ave. – New York, NY
- Hudson Avenue Generating Station (Con Ed) 111 Hudson Ave. – Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Shoreham Nuclear Power Plant (LILCO) Lilco Rd. – Shoreham, NY 11786
- Northport Power Station (LILCO) 301 Waterside Rd. – Northport, NY 11768
- E.F. Barrett Power Plant (LILCO) 1 Mccarthy Rd. – Island Park, NY 11558
- Glenwood Landing Power Station (LILCO) 200 Shore Rd. – Glenwood Landing, NY 11547
- Port Jefferson Power Station (LILCO) 798 Beach St. – Port Jefferson, NY 11777
- Far Rockaway Power Station (LILCO) 1425 Bay 24th Street – Far Rockaway, NY 11691
- Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant Broadway – Buchanan, NY 10511
- Chevrolet Manufacturing Plant – Tarrytown, NY
- Refined Sugar & Syrup Factory – Yonkers, NY
- New York Central Railroad Terminal 5 Buena Vista Avenue – Yonkers, NY 10701
- Bowline Powerhouse – Haverstraw, NY
- Orange and Rockland Powerhouse – Tompkins Cove, NY
- Mirant Lovett Generating Station 1 Elm Ave. – Tomkins Cove, NY 10986
- Peekskill Powerhouse – Peekskill, NY
- Fleischmann Manufacturing 1719 Main St. – Peekskill, NY 10566
- Danskammer Generating Station 17 Danskammer Rd. – Newburgh, NY 12550
- Kay-Fries Chemical – Stony Point, NY
- White Plains Hospital 41 E Post Rd. – White Plains, NY 10601
- Bronx Gas & Electric – White Plains, NY
- Westchester Lighting Company – Pelham, NY
- E.I. Dupont 750 South St. – Newburg, NY
- Eureka Shipyard 401 Water St. – Newburgh, NY
- Central Hudson Gas & Electric – Poughkeepsie, NY
- Roseton Generating Station 992 River Rd. – Newsburgh, NY 12550
- St. Luke’s Hospital 70 Dubois St. – Newburgh, NY
- IBM Research Center 2455 S Rd. – Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- NY Telephone Company – Poughkeepsie, NY
- Pennsylvania Central Railroad Terminal 3 Broad St. – Port Chester, NY
- Union Carbide – Port Chester, NY
If you or a loved one was diagnosed with mesothelioma, contact the New York mesothelioma attorneys at Levy Konigsberg for a free consultation. Just fill out the website form on this page or call (800) 315-3806.
- New Jersey Mesothelioma Lawyer Helps Obtain Ruling on Equipment Liability
- Levy Konigsberg Teams With Mesothelioma Clients to Help Get Talc Out Of Baby Powder
- J&J Removes Talc from Baby Powder - How Does This Affect the Mesothelioma Lawsuits?
- Levy Konigsberg Wins Landmark Appeal in Asbestos-Containing Talcum Powder Case
- Levy Konigsberg Co-Counsel In $750 million Baby Powder Punitive Damages Verdict Against J&J
- Levy Konigsberg Co-Counsel In $37 million Baby Powder Verdict Against J&J
- LK Wins $325 Million Mesothelioma Verdict Against Johnson & Johnson for Asbestos in Baby Powder (This case is currently awaiting final review on appeal)
- Boston Jury Awards $43.1 Million Verdict in Cigarette Smoking-Asbestos Exposure Lung Cancer Trial
- LK's Historic $117 Million Verdict in Johnson & Johnson's Baby Powder Mesothelioma Trial
- LK Wins Ruling Allowing Mesothelioma Ship Worker’s Case To Proceed in New York
- Levy Konigsberg Wins Ruling in Mesothelioma & Asbestos Brake Case
- LK Mesothelioma Department - Highlights and Lessons Learned in 2017
- A Letter of Gratitude To Our Dear Veterans
- LK Wins $16.5 Million Verdict In New York’s First Cosmetic Talc Trial Involving A Woman With Peritoneal Mesothelioma
- LK Wins Mesothelioma Ruling for Navy Serviceman and Family
- Mesothelioma Law Firm Collects $7.98 Million for Power Plant Worker
- Kayaking for Mesothelioma: Reflections on a Father-Son Trip
- Levy Konigsberg Wins Motion on Behalf of U.S.S. Roan Navy Veteran Who Developed Mesothelioma in New York
- New York City Judge Rules that Asbestos Lung Cancer Case Can Proceed to Trial – Levy Konigsberg, LLP Successfully Argues Defendant Waived their Right to Cross-Examine
- Levy Konigsberg Wins $7 Million Mesothelioma Verdict in NY’s First Ever Asbestos Contaminated Consumer Talcum Powder Trial
For more information about the law firm's practice areas please contact Levy Konigsberg LLP at (800) 315-3806, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Find out whether you have a case by speaking to one of our experienced lawyers via our 24/7 toll-free hotline or by submitting an email inquiry. Our attorneys will be quick to respond to you and happy to answer all of your questions.
Over $3 Billion Won
We have represented numerous individuals and groups of workers, winning for them multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts.
There's No Case Too Big
Our team has achieved groundbreaking victories in highly complex cases and has gone up against some of the toughest defendants in the country.
Our attorneys excel in the courtroom and are not afraid to bring a case in front of a jury if a fair settlement for the client has not been reached.
A Thought Leader in the Industry
Our firm's knowledge and experience are in high demand, and many news outlets have asked us to share our legal expertise.
Access to World Class Resources
Our experienced attorneys use cutting-edge technology and highly regarded experts to help us achieve the best possible result for our clients.
Changing the World for Good
We not only want to achieve the best possible results for our clients, but we also strive to prevent future harm by changing public health policies.
Professional, responsive and very good at their jobs.- Lisa Ross
They have truly gone above and beyond.- Anne Fahey
I put my Faith and Trust into Corey Stern!- Dennis McGowan
With this team on my side we came out on top.- Angie Garrido
Very happy with our settlement.- Lori Rosa
Wow is all I can say.- Carol N.
Their dedication to receive the highest results for their clients was amazing.- Emily DeRogatis
Such a great team!- Kevin Kober
We definitely got the right law firm!- Mark Wells
Levy Konigsberg continued to help my family fight for the justice my father deserves.- Stephanie Vitale