August 1, 2012 – Georgia mesothelioma lawyers from the national asbestos litigation firm of Levy Konigsberg LLP (“LK”) provide, personalized service to residents of Georgia who were affected by mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases.
ATLANTA, Georgia, August 1, 2012 – Georgia mesothelioma lawyers from the national asbestos litigation firm of Levy Konigsberg LLP (“LK”) offer personalized service to residents of Georgia who were affected by mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases.
Every year, thousands of men and women across the country are diagnosed with mesothelioma, including many in Georgia. Even more are diagnosed with lung cancer and asbestosis. All of these asbestos-related diseases could have been prevented if workers had been properly protected from exposure to asbestos.
Georgia is home to several specific industries that significantly contribute to asbestos exposure. The textile industry in Dalton and other locations as well as the shipbuilding industry in and around Savannah have caused huge numbers of workers and their families to be exposed to asbestos.
Asbestos has been used in commercial and industrial facilities across Georgia for decades. This includes locations such as:
Figure 1. Common asbestos exposure sites in the State of Georgia.
- Allied Chemical Company in Brunswick
- American Cyanamid in Savannah
- Proctor & Gamble in Macon
- Armstrong Cork Company in Macon
- Hartsfield Jackson International Airport in Atlanta
- Bibb Manufacturing Company in Forsyth and other cities
- Cargill in Gainesville
- Celanese Corporation in Rome
- Grady Hospital in Atlanta
- Hunter Air Force Base in Savannah
- Mobil Oil Refinery in Augusta
- Swift Cotton Mill in Columbus
Indeed, many workers were exposed to asbestos from companies headquartered in Georgia, including:
- Georgia Pacific
- Georgia Kraft Company
- Georgia Power Company
Levy Konigsberg LLP (“LK”) is one of the nation’s premier law firms featuring highly acclaimed mesothelioma lawyers with decades of experience in the areas of asbestos exposure and mesothelioma law. LK has litigated precedent-setting cases and obtained significant rulings and judgments, which have included some of the highest awards in mesothelioma, asbestos, and personal injury litigation.
With numerous attorneys licensed in Georgia and with experience litigating mesothelioma cases throughout the State, the Georgia mesothelioma lawyers at LK provide personal attention to its clients in the Southeast, along with the best experience, skill, and resources we bring to every case.
For more information about asbestos, mesothelioma, and LK’s practice in Georgia and the Southeast, please contact an LK attorney by calling us now or having a “live chat” on this page.
Under the law of most states, pain and suffering from mesothelioma may be compensated through the award of money damages, usually obtained with the help of experienced mesothelioma attorneys. In some states other types of damages may also be recovered.
Asbestos litigation affords mesothelioma victims the opportunity to receive financial compensation and hold accountable the companies that caused their asbestos exposure.
- Preserve your rights to bring a legal action against the responsible parties within the limited time frame allowed by law, known as statute of limitations;
- Obtain maximum compensation in your case by being able to:
- Preserve evidence and establish facts of the asbestos exposure while the claimant is still alive and able to provide information;
- File and resolve a lawsuit against the responsible parties before they file for bankruptcy or, if they already have, to obtain compensation before their bankruptcy trust funds run out of money;
- Expedite your case, as courts tend to give higher priority to mesothelioma lawsuits where the claimant is still alive.