One of the most important decisions a family affected by mesothelioma must make is to find the right mesothelioma doctors for their loved one. While there is no known cure for mesothelioma at this time, a number of treatments options have been developed to help contain the spread of the disease and prolong longevity.
Fortunately, there are many prominent mesothelioma doctors and specialized mesothelioma clinics in New York, New Jersey, and throughout the East Coast, experienced in mesothelioma treatment and well-known for their contributions to mesothelioma research:
Mesothelioma Doctors in New York City
Thoracic surgeon, Dr. Raja Flores performs surgery on mesothelioma patients followed by oncological treatment.
Doctors at New York University Medical Center lead by Dr. Harvey Pass, thoracic surgeon and Division Chief for Thoracic Surgery and Thoracic Oncology for the NYU School of Medicine and Dr. Daniel Sterman, who is investigating a mesothelioma treatment using a method known as gene therapy, conduct extensive mesothelioma research and oversee patients receiving treatment at their clinic.
Doctors at Sloan Kettering Memorial Hospital including thoracic surgeon Dr. Valarie Rusch and oncologists Dr. Andrea Cercek and Dr. Marjorie Zauderer conduct mesothelioma research and attempt to treat patients through radical surgery followed by chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Other Mesothelioma Clinics on the East Coast
Doctors at Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston Massachusetts, including surgical oncologist Dr. Raphael Bueno, have developed a three-prong protocol involving extensive surgical removal of mesothelioma tumors, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.
A group of doctors at University of Pennsylvania’s Abramson Cancer Center offer a multidisciplinary approach in dealing with mesothelioma, including surgical and oncological treatment.
Doctors at H. Lee Moffett Cancer Center are involved in all stages of mesothelioma treatment including aggressive surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, and gene therapy.
Under the law of most states, pain and suffering from mesothelioma may be compensated through the award of money damages, usually obtained with the help of experienced mesothelioma attorneys. In some states other types of damages may also be recovered.
Asbestos litigation affords mesothelioma victims the opportunity to receive financial compensation and hold accountable the companies that caused their asbestos exposure.
- Preserve your rights to bring a legal action against the responsible parties within the limited time frame allowed by law, known as statute of limitations;
- Obtain maximum compensation in your case by being able to:
- Preserve evidence and establish facts of the asbestos exposure while the claimant is still alive and able to provide information;
- File and resolve a lawsuit against the responsible parties before they file for bankruptcy or, if they already have, to obtain compensation before their bankruptcy trust funds run out of money;
- Expedite your case, as courts tend to give higher priority to mesothelioma lawsuits where the claimant is still alive.